220 lb Depredating Boar on Terraced Hillside

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting, I too normally will keep shooting at a wounded hog until it's down. I've even been known to come back and put another round into a kicking hog thats down. Too often them hogs will get up and run off. I guess they are camera shy!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
true. i even like to shoot the surrounding dirt clods to see if they'll flinch. sometimes they like to play possum.
Ha Ha Ha! I do the same thing. I just don't post my misses.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, I too normally will keep shooting at a wounded hog until it's down. I've even been known to come back and put another round into a kicking hog thats down. Too often them hogs will get up and run off. I guess they are camera shy!

You heard me say, "Nothing wrong with that," after James put another round into the hog's head after it was down. It isn't a bad idea, particularly on big hogs.

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
Brian took the shot as the pig trots and it hit the spot that caused the blood to clot. Well done Brian!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did it tonight. Snuck up two boars, picked the largest next to the tree line and put him down. The other ran out into the pasture and I put one in him. He was wounded so I let him do his pig circle thing and put one in his ear. The whole time I could her another animal running toward me. I thought it was one of the horses. Nope one pissed off hog. The first I shot and He did not stay down. I shot him four more times and he still made the trees. I'll find him later.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did it tonight. Snuck up two boars, picked the largest next to the tree line and put him down. The other ran out into the pasture and I put one in him. He was wounded so I let him do his pig circle thing and put one in his ear. The whole time I could her another animal running toward me. I thought it was one of the horses. Nope one pissed off hog. The first I shot and He did not stay down. I shot him four more times and he still made the trees. I'll find him later.
Good to hear Boar #1 didn't run into - or over you.. that would Not be good...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which smelled worse? The angry hog, or your skivvies?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually no knowing it was the hog I had no time to mess the skivvies: LOL
LOL... at least you had your priorities squared away. Shoot now, mess later.