200 Yard Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Caught this guy a bit low and he made it across the fence to the neighbor's place where I could not search for him. Help from my landowner (knows the neighbors) and buzzards got it located later.

The coyote had been eating on a wild turkey that was found during the search for the coyote. The landowner was not pleased about the loss of the turkey, but was happy about the loss of the coyote.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot, no hold over needed with that Grendel ping machine. That Turkey vulture preservation society better start thanking you!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked to me like you broke his front shoulders . I'll bet the boiler room was a mess. Nice shot Brian.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot!
I just got back from calling some critters. Using an old Rabbit distress mouth call.
1 Raccoon came in 20' away and sauntered off. A gray fox came 10' away and left and called him right back in 10' away and he sat down and watched me. Then a skunk came over and wanted to be friends so I figured that was enough. Home empty handed.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shot!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, y'all!

Nice shot!
I just got back from calling some critters. Using an old Rabbit distress mouth call.
1 Raccoon came in 20' away and sauntered off. A gray fox came 10' away and left and called him right back in 10' away and he sat down and watched me. Then a skunk came over and wanted to be friends so I figured that was enough. Home empty handed.

Wednesday night, I had about the same luck. I got a lot of video of raccoons coming in and one owl swooping over, but the coyotes would not comply. :-(

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot from that distance!