14 on Friday Night

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My friend Dave and I headed out last Friday night in search for some bacon with legs to slay. We made our loop around the properties and spotted a lone boar making his way across an open field. My plan was to pop him in the head with the 45 ACP SBR I've been working with, but we just couldn't get ahead of him before he made it to another property. We watched him for a minute and then realized he was trailing another sounder that was heading South. We headed back to the truck and went to the waste pecan pile assuming this is where the hogs would go. We made it to the pile and the hogs weren't there yet, perfect. We waited and they showed up. There was about 10 in the group and we took four. One was a 220 pound boar with decent cutters. We took pictures and moved on.

120 SST damage on the rear of a hog

We moved on to the winter honey hole orchard and saw another lone boar making his way through the orchard. We stayed on the road and used the truck to get well ahead of him, bu he must of heard the truck and started running. We just drove a little faster and cut him off, but he ended up ignoring us because he found a sow that was in heat and he started mounting her. Dave and I stalked in and dropped them both. The sow still had slobber and froth on her back from the boar. Dave and I were checking out the two dead hogs with our white lights and we both heard something. We shut off the white lights, switched to night vision, and spotted a huge sounder of hogs running straight to us.

We waited until they were about 30 yards from us and let the mayhem begin. They just kept come and we kept shooting. Some of them ran with 10 feet of me and I could feel and hear their hooves hit the dirt around me. We ended up dropping eight out of this sounder. One was another 220 pound boar and another a 250 pound sow. Both by heart girth measurements.

250 pound sow with a 12.5" barreled 6.8X43 SBR on top of her for reference. She was 59" long from head to butt while lying on her side.

I went out Saturday night too and saw over 50 hogs, but none of them wanted to come dance with me and the 6.8. They all stayed on the neighbor's properties. I'm heading out this Friday night with a client and he insists I shoot hogs with him! Look out you vile pecan stealing swine. I'm coming for you!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friend Dave and I headed out last Friday night in search for some bacon with legs to slay. We made our loop around the properties and spotted a lone boar making his way across an open field. My plan was to pop him in the head with the 45 ACP SBR I've been working with, but we just couldn't get ahead of him before he made it to another property. We watched him for a minute and then realized he was trailing another sounder that was heading South. We headed back to the truck and went to the waste pecan pile assuming this is where the hogs would go. We made it to the pile and the hogs weren't there yet, perfect. We waited and they showed up. There was about 10 in the group and we took four. One was a 220 pound boar with decent cutters. We took pictures and moved on.

120 SST damage on the rear of a hog

We moved on to the winter honey hole orchard and saw another lone boar making his way through the orchard. We stayed on the road and used the truck to get well ahead of him, bu he must of heard the truck and started running. We just drove a little faster and cut him off, but he ended up ignoring us because he found a sow that was in heat and he started mounting her. Dave and I stalked in and dropped them both. The sow still had slobber and froth on her back from the boar. Dave and I were checking out the two dead hogs with our white lights and we both heard something. We shut off the white lights, switched to night vision, and spotted a huge sounder of hogs running straight to us.

We waited until they were about 30 yards from us and let the mayhem begin. They just kept come and we kept shooting. Some of them ran with 10 feet of me and I could feel and hear their hooves hit the dirt around me. We ended up dropping eight out of this sounder. One was another 220 pound boar and another a 250 pound sow. Both by heart girth measurements.

250 pound sow with a 12.5" barreled 6.8X43 SBR on top of her for reference. She was 59" long from head to butt while lying on her side.

I went out Saturday night too and saw over 50 hogs, but none of them wanted to come dance with me and the 6.8. They all stayed on the neighbor's properties. I'm heading out this Friday night with a client and he insists I shoot hogs with him! Look out you vile pecan stealing swine. I'm coming for you!

Insane! I wouldn't be able to sleep for days..great photos, too.

Did you butcher any out?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Been missing tales of your adventures. Congrats. And, good to see you back again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin' guys!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Damn I can hear that SBR from here.

I have electronic earmuffs I wear until the suppressors come in. If the first company I filed forms with would have done their job right I would be suppressed already. Unfortunately they failed, had to close their doors, and I cancelled everything with them and had to start over in the ATF wait. It's a long story that I don't want to get into.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why don't you use your non SBR until the that is bad enough unsupressed.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice story, that would be a mess of hogs and a mess of shootin fo sure. Fun was had by all. Good story and good shootin. Thanks for posting. Nice pictures too. BANG BANG!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Why don't you use your non SBR until the that is bad enough unsupressed.

I enjoy the mobility of the shorter barrel and wear the earmuffs no matter what unsuppressed gun I use. I have 2 pair so both shooters are protected.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amazing hunting you the man. Sorry about suppressor the SBRs will make your ears ring.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job, but I haven't seen the hog counter climbing lately. Don't forget to add to the totals.