110+ Hog Bang-Flops of 2017

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2017 was a busy year. I got to hunt with a bunch of really interesting people in a lot of locations, usually in the middle of nowhere, but nowhere was where the hogs were. I culled all the video from the year and put together the follow clips. I like the bang-flop hogs because you don't have to track them, though they can still be hard to find, sometimes, particularly in mature grain fields or high brush.

The opening scene running hogs and the hogs at the cattle trough are on a property next to one of the places I regularly hunt. After nearly hitting hogs crossing the road there twice, I started making video of all the times I saw hogs out in the pasture and contacted the landowner about helping with his hog problem. He assured me that he had his hogs under control (he hunts them about once a month) but said he would look at the video and get back with me. He never watched the video or got back with him and hogs from his place continue to damage his property and the property I try to protect. If his hogs are under control, I would hate to see what they look like when they are out of control. His land, his rules, but holy moly I see a lot of hogs there.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian -
Perhaps a face-to-face meeting with the landowner would allow you to actually show him your video.
I am certain you are correct - very likely he did not view your vid. Second effort with the landowner might gain access to another property.
Regardless - excellent video of your bang flop hog kills. Congrats!

Dennis

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome vid!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
More pure awesomeness!

That video undoubtedly took some time to assemble.
Thanks!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for taking all the time to share your hunts with us. I know how tedious it is to record and edit just for our benefit.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Deleted double post

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eating grain... or NOT!
Eating oats... or NOT!
Eating persimmons... or NOT!
Rooting pasture... or NOT!
Intruder at high fence property... or NOT!
Running for cover... or NOT!
Standing guard... or NOT!

Yer soooo negative Brian... or NOT! (depends on whether yer a hog... or NOT!)

Sweet vid! (Anyone who thinks "or NOT!", needs slapped!)