Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have cracked a major milestone in my hog hunting career. Since February of this year, as of tonight, I have killed exactly 100 hogs this season. I have not killed 100 in a single year before now.

So about two weeks ago I got into a big group of hogs in almost the exact same location as these tonight.

I had a wrong wind with my approach so I had to circle way around the right side of them to avoid detection.

There is thermal video footage from my FLIR breech helmet and pulsar XP50 scope.

Got six for sure. First one I shot was 60 steps away. And I could see them with my naked eye even though it was overcast. A bright moon helped with illumination

Last edited:

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some really good shooting there! Congrats on reaching the century mark! I just recently got half way to it. Hope to reach it sometime next year.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good shooting! Congrats on hitting #100.

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Nice! Great shots ;)

And 100 hogs! I don't know how many years I'll need to get to that number! Congrats!!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! That’s very cool! Good shooting on the runners

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations on the milestone. At the rate I’m going, I won’t live long enough to reach #100.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations on the milestone. At the rate I’m going, I won’t live long enough to reach #100.
Yeah, I've been at for about a decade and I don't think I've yet put down 100 hogs.
Keep After 'Em!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job hitting those running hogs!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Impressive shooting and target selection… You’re definitely earning that expanded territory

However, I am confused by this statement:.

“I have killed exactly 100 hogs this season”.

What do you consider to be your ‘season’ for hogs in this state?

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Impressive shooting and target selection… You’re definitely earning that expanded territory

However, I am confused by this statement:.

“I have killed exactly 100 hogs this season”.

What do you consider to be your ‘season’ for hogs in this state?
Maybe saying “this year” would have been more clear?

In my head I think of “hog season” as an event that begins after regular hunting season ends. I killed my first hog of the 100 back in February.

I’m killing these hogs in a different location from hunting camp and just can’t get there during regular hunting season.

There is no official hog season in MS and unless I start getting hogs at our duck camp I’m unlikely to kill any until after duck season.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
I have cracked a major milestone in my hog hunting career. Since February of this year, as of tonight, I have killed exactly 100 hogs this season. I have not killed 100 in a single year before now.

So about two weeks ago I got into a big group of hogs in almost the exact same location as these tonight.

I had a wrong wind with my approach so I had to circle way around the right side of them to avoid detection.

There is thermal video footage from my FLIR breech helmet and pulsar XP50 scope.

Got six for sure. First one I shot was 60 steps away. And I could see them with my naked eye even though it was overcast. A bright moon helped with illumination

Awesome bro!!

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
Maybe saying “this year” would have been more clear?

In my head I think of “hog season” as an event that begins after regular hunting season ends. I killed my first hog of the 100 back in February.

I’m killing these hogs in a different location from hunting camp and just can’t get there during regular hunting season.

There is no official hog season in MS and unless I start getting hogs at our duck camp I’m unlikely to kill any until after duck season.
Mississippi has hogs like that? Wow. Whereabouts? Years ago after leaving the Marines I lived in Memphis and hunted the delta area for deer.... Greensboro I believe? I used to travel for work through there (I loved clarksdale) and also Jackson, meridian and Vicksburg.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As noted, excellent job!

So What happened there about 1:55 where the image went blank as you were trying to down #7 before it go into the brush?
Scope cover flips down under recoil. Been doing that regularly now. Guess I need a new one.

Haha

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Mississippi has hogs like that? Wow. Whereabouts? Years ago after leaving the Marines I lived in Memphis and hunted the delta area for deer.... Greensboro I believe? I used to travel for work through there (I loved clarksdale) and also Jackson, meridian and Vicksburg.
I’m not familiar with Greensboro in the delta. Greenwood or Greenville possibly? Greenwood on the yazoo river to the east. Greenville on the MS river to the west. Both towns are located on US hwy 82 which is north of me.

I’m in what’s considered South delta. Yazoo, Warren, and Holmes county mainly. Hogs are pretty much wide spread up and down the edge of the delta that borders the “hills” as well as lands that are located inside the main MS River levee system.

And in my area there are also several hog breeding grounds located within the same geographical area. Also known as national wildlife refuges.....

They’re so bad in these federal refuges that the local game and fish bought a helecopter to help with their control.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised to get up on these big groups again in the past couple weeks in the same cut soybean field. For the most part I’ve just been getting singles and maybe smaller groups and was worried I had become too effective?

Haha ....... NOT!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the Century Mark! Some solid shooting on those runners, nice work.