1 Field, 3 Sounders, 9 Hogs Recovered, <5 Minutes

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Since the oats field had been harvested and it had been over two weeks, HuntTXhogs and I had set up a feeder on another part of the property where there was hog traffic, right next to a pond. It seemed like a great place for more hogs to show up and that could be shot very safely. After all, the oats should be played out for the most part.

Well, I sat for just over 4 hours watching that pond. The feeder was only set to go off in the evenings...and I saw ZERO hogs. So I thought I would check by the oats field before accepting defeat and going home. The rest of the evening was surprise after surprise with hogs repeatedly coming to me...

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh heck yes that was fun, shooting gallery! Well done Brian

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! A good haul of pork

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
AB Jr. was slow on the attack after yelling "Pig Pile!!!" You beat him to it and got the pic taken quickly, Jedi. Great stuff in those volleys.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow! Hog Massacre! That was a good night. The Birds in Black will be walking 'cuz they'll be so full of pork.
Sometimes things just work out …

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If I ever get totally crosswise with society, and I'm on the lam, I hope you're not one of the folks who would be shooting at me.
Really nice example of how it's done.

Last edited:

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang, that worked out quite nicely. Well done sir