Where and what PC to buy???

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought my computer in 2006, have done some upgrades over the years but it reached its limits I think. Now that I'm running the forums, making videos, and such I need more power I'm guessing a gaming PC would be the fastest. What is the best bang for the buck out there that will last me several years without major upgrades?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have all my CPU's built by a IT guy. Kinda like building AR's, you can pick and choose what you want and how awesome you want it. Plus I have very limited knowledge in this area, so I leave it to the pro's.

I usually take him my old computer and we discuss what I want it to do. Then he picks and chooses components and gets everything installed even my old files and programs. All I have to do is just plug my screen, keyboard, ect. in and I am back up and running. No promo's to sift through and all my favorite programs and files are already there. Nice thing is sometimes he gets swap out parts from his day IT job and I get them for a steal, there is nothing wrong with them just his job required him to upgrade to a bigger better part.

I am done buying from a box store after having this experience. Hardest part is finding someone you can trust and knows what they are doing.