Whats on your bucket list for a hog hunting location in the USA?

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Ive been thinking about a "Special" week long hog hunt here in the states before Im gone.......

Tell me what you think would be a great place to go and have a great hunt.

Im thinking Ill take my Taurus Raging Bull .454 hand canon, and my Marlin 1895 45-70.

Free roam or fenced in,,,don't matter. Elk, Mule Deer or Bison would be great too............

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry Capt Rick.

I'm 60 and been wanting to elk hunt since I was in my mid 20's. Haven't made it out west yet. I guess my bucket list hunt would be to pack in on horse back for a week long hunt and get to hear the big bulls bugling, hopefully see and take a nice bull. A light dusting of snow would be nice, but not too cold, I'm a Florida boy. Maybe when I retire, but I'm getting to old and fat, and I hear the air gets thin up there in the hills.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry Capt Rick.

I'm 60 and been wanting to elk hunt since I was in my mid 20's. Haven't made it out west yet. I guess my bucket list hunt would be to pack in on horse back for a week long hunt and get to hear the big bulls bugling, hopefully see and take a nice bull. A light dusting of snow would be nice, but not too cold, I'm a Florida boy. Maybe when I retire, but I'm getting to old and fat, and I hear the air gets thin up there in the hills.
I spent most of my adult life in Montana and Colorado. So many wonderful hunts in the "Elk Timber". Elk in the wild are majestic and truly a fun hunt. Many years with a stick and string, long bows and wooden arrows. Now I know why the Indians were so skinny, lol. It's a tough game to play. A rifle elk hunt is just as exciting though!

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Im thinking the fall would be the best time,,,for just about any animal.

I would like to do it with my .454 handgun if possible.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
January to april works best around here.

you know, the middle of tax season

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
October-May here

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From a helicopter anywhere first. Second would be with the owner of Jager pro just to meet and talk with him.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Thanks guys!

Im sorry I didn't say this, but I want to be on the ground during daylight hours stalking,,,,,,

Jager Pro wanted $700 per person for one-night hunt. That's WAY over priced.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys!

Im sorry I didn't say this, but I want to be on the ground during daylight hours stalking,,,,,,

Jager Pro wanted $700 per person for one-night hunt. That's WAY over priced.

You did not ask us what your bucket list is, you ask us for ours :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My real bucket list is Pheasant hunting, property to property till I run out of shells at least once before I die. I wanted to live in a motorhome and go every year and follow the Bird seasons...wife said no...lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have filled all my desires that I have had here on earth already pretty much. There will be new ones I suppose. Maybe catch a big shark and a big gator, that's about all.
That and eat coconut cream pie everyday and never gain weight. I would like that a lot.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Ha-Ha-Ha,,,,,,"You did not ask us what your bucket list is, you ask us for ours :)"

Your right,,,I did. Worded the question wrong.

Just trying to plan a trip for my hunting buddy and me...........

Im thinking Ga, Texas, or Fla.

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you've got the bucks, hunting Niihau "the Forbidden Island" would be a hunt of a lifetime. Basically an invitation only island west of Kauai (which is another hot spot for wild boar).

NIIHAU SAFARIS INC.