Suppressor for a precession rifle

Pilot00

I already have a spec-warrior in 556. I'm in the market for a long range precision rifle suppressor with minimal POI shift. What do you suggests for 30 cal can.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thunder Beast Arms Corp. ultra 7 or 9. It's light, has a decent sound reduction, and there's very little poi shift and repeatability is excellent.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm with Chop!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ditto I guess. I recently picked up a TBAC Ultra 7 (after 9+ months wait) & utilizing TB's conical brake mounts I plan to use on both AR6.8 and RR LAR8. So I can't offer up a range report yet, but will say this thing looks superbly well built and is stupid light. When doing the research it looks like TBAC is very well represented amongst the lrpr crowd - check out their website.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crux Suppressors are another great choice. I have their archangel and ark30. The archangel is on my bolt gun that I take to 1000 yards and it repeats POI every time I put it on. It also has great suppression.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thunder Beast Ultra 7, Sig SRD 762 TI/QD, Griffin Recce 7 or Paladin, Q silencers. All of these use taper mounts and will have a low POI. However the POI is more determined by the rifle than the silencer. Also the shift will be repeatable but won't affect group size except to shrink it.

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know this is a very old post. But I've got the following 308 suppressors that I use on a custom built Black Rain Ords in 308, SCAR 17 and Custom built by Southern Precision Rifles a M40A5at a cost of 6k

I have
Yankeehill TITANIUM direct thread at 100 yards 1 to 2 moa poi shift depending on rifle. I use this one on the M40A5 because it is the lightest. The rifle weights 15 lbs

GRIFFIN RSTA OTB 100 1 moa poi shift at 100 yds this suppressor is the best for semi autos it reduces blow back and adds the least amount of length. I use this on the SCAR mostly. This has the least amount of shift. But remember this is an over the barrel suppressor.

GRIFFIN Armament Paladin/ALPHA this one depends on the rifle. It can be 1 moa upto 3 moa poi shift at 100 yds. I use this on the 6.8 spc, Black Rain ORDS ect.

I'm thinking of putting the RSTA on the LWRC SIX 8 to reduce over all length when hunting. I just got a mount for it. If I could use the RSTA on the M40A5 I'd do it. But the barrel on the M40a5 is way to fat and that weapon is so accurate I'm not touching it. It is stupid accurate.

What I do is on my scope using colored paint or what ever. I have my zero set with suppressor. Then I just color where the dials for windage and elevation for suppressor zero. Has not been a problenm.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Akin to resting your barrel on sandbags and trying to zero your gun and then hunting with it not rested on sandbags, attaching a big old heavy weight to the end of your barrel is apt to cause some POI shift. This may be from barrel droop because of the extra weight and/or from a change in the barrel harmonics caused by the attachment of the suppressor. Heavy bull barrels seem less affected than thin, pencil barrels, but this is not universal and with a longer barrel you are more apt to notice a change than with a shorter barrel. When a change does occur with the addition of a suppressor, the POI tend to be lower and from what I have seen usually left, thought I have seen some that end up low right as well. I seem to recall one guy on YouTube having a POI shift high right, but can't find the video now.