Something different. Suppressed 458 SOCOM

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
something interesting came in for one of my trust clients.

Great day at the range. Shot a suppressed Red Jacket arms 458 socom. This is their integrally suppressed rifle. It is long. . . . it is heavy and it is loud. Or relatively loud. Not painfully so. But loud enough.

Of course, I really have no frame of reference for a suppressed 458 SOCOM. It was certainly quieter than an unsupressed 458. We shot 300 rounds of 350 grain JsP through it today.

The session started slowly, where were a lot of jams. People tell me that you're supposed to clean a gun before you shoot it. I think that is overrated.

After a few rounds and being doused with some super slick Gucci lubricant, and after we started manning up to the gun, it ran fine.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The 458 is really picky on how and when it wants to run. Took me a while to get mine dialed in with my hand loads. Now mine will run anything you feed it. I want a can for mine eventually but I'll just get a thread on can

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Helps to lean into it when shooting, looks like you did but the other 2 not so much, the gas blow back would be an issue for me...I like the 458 and rifle though

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
yeah . . about cleaning the shipping grease . .the thick white grease . .before shooting . . Its over rated . . LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only time I really clean my rifle is when I shoot aluminum bullets