So Much for Summer...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's rained every day since I got back home. Until today, it's rained at night and been nice out most of the day. Well... we just had a thunder-boomer-gully-washer about an hour ago. Water pouring over the edges of all the roof gutters, pools of water standing on the lawns, FAST water 4" deep at the curbs of the street... people standing out on their porches to watch the rain... in "Seattle". The air sure smells good though.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I thought rain in Seattle was normal, like sunshine in California???? Lmao, sorry RD, gotta get the digs in when I can. We have had an unusually mild summer down here, its only broken past 100 degrees 15days, and has not made it to 110 yet at all. Normally by this time, we would be going on 60+ days at 100+, 40+ days of 110+, 8-10 days in the 120-125 range. Don't get me wrong, Im not complaining, but it is odd. The times are changing, we will have to see if all the strange weather settles down after the sun gets done flipping its poles.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It IS "normal" for Seattle... that's why I mentioned that it was coming down so hard that people were standing on their porch to watch it. It normally drizzles for a month straight. Let's just say, it was enough to be a headline in Seattle.

Well, it's Purdy out this morning.

I'm closer to Richmond Beach than SeaTac airport... 1" in 30 mins. is probably pretty close to what I saw from my porch. It was nuts.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Thunderstorms-rock-evening-commute-221725601.html

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is a craptone of rain! I was in Seattle last May, I got to see the never ending drizzle from downtown. Food was great, but some of the people you gots up there make me go "ehh???", which is a similar reaction to SanFran's ... eccentric .... population. At least the people in Seattle were polite, SF is so highbrow its not funny.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, and Seattle's becoming a bit more militant about it's "eccentricity". But, Seattle's way is to be passive-aggressive. They're only polite to your face... most of 'em don't have the stones to be honest with you up front. LOL Seattle BARELY plays second fiddle to 'frisco... it's just not as far out of the closet as 'frisco is.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is scary. SF is not a cool place to be unless your a hippy. Other than day trips to fishermans warf, and little Chinatown, there is no reason for a sane human being to be in SF.