Smoked Pork Loin...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took a pair of pork tenderloins and butterflied them.
Seasoned well with my home made rub (close to Dillo Dust), fresh cracked pepper.
A light sprinkle of Tyme and Rosemary.
A few cloves of fresh/crushed garlic inside, as well as a couple of strips of bacon.
Closed back up and skewered shut with tooth picks.

Currently in the smoker with mesquite wood. Later, into the Weber with indirect heat (coals) to bake.

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang RD! I just ate and I'm hungry all over again. That sounds great.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A buddy stopped by, they baked a little longer than I'd've liked, but, not burned. Resting before I cut in. Baked Yukon Gold spuds will go on the side... and some ice cold beer in a frosted mug.

Will attempt a pic, but my computer took a dump (motherboard), not sure if Photobucket's mobile works yet. Hasn't before (for me).

Sure smells good about now.

Had to cook outside, about 90F in Seattle all this week, got three good fans, an have been freeing up "painted shut" (for decades) upper windows (double hung sash) this week. Been a life saver having air moving, and able to vent the heat. Lots of water going down the hatch too.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A buddy stopped by, they baked a little longer than I'd've liked, but, not burned. Resting before I cut in. Baked Yukon Gold spuds will go on the side... and some ice cold beer in a frosted mug.

Will attempt a pic, but my computer took a dump (motherboard), not sure if Photobucket's mobile works yet. Hasn't before (for me).

Sure smells good about now.

Had to cook outside, about 90F in Seattle all this week, got three good fans, and have been freeing up "painted shut" (for decades) upper windows (double hung sash) this week. Been a life saver having air moving, and able to vent the heat. Lots of water going down the hatch too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen all your high temps, you have A/C I hope, see where 35% don't. The fires are not close are they?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope, no A/C... OLD house. LOL

Fires are about 100 miles from me at present, but Seattle is very dry too now.

th_IMG_20150630_183910_622_zpsf5ed87f4.jpg

th_IMG_20150630_185156_433_zpsbe9d3b36.jpg

Can't get the thumbnails to open up to post full size pix. Their mobile side sux.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Stay safe our Friend!

Looks good!