PRIMOS TRIGGER STICKS REVIEW. TALL TRIPOD/ TALL MONOPOD

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Send me a PM Frank. If you mail me the rail I'll drill and tap it for you.

Ken

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I stopped at the checkout, just could not do it...guess I will use velcro straps

I'm guessing that there's a pretty good chance that someone local to you has the tools and ability to do this simple job, but if you don't ever ask........

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, I should have thought of you Smitty!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Naturally...good find!

Louis Richards

LSB Member
Just got it today Amazon. It's fantastic. Sometimes the legs don't want to quite come out and you got to shake it but it's OK. For target shooting and hunting is probably perfect. I maybe question it's use in any kind of a tactical situation because I wouldn't be quite sure how to carry around. Better said, how practical it would be to carry it around. But I may stick it inside of a scabbard I have.

But compared to the $50 one I bought where you have to twist those compression nuts for EACH LEG, it is undoubtedly worth another $50 to get something that's automatic.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah sorta play w it in the yard to get use to it, the more you are with it the easier it is especially at night.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had left mine out in the field for a month (shot a hog, retrieved it, took the meat, went home, left the trigger sticks right where I made the shot. Came back a month later, they were still standing there. They sat through a hand full of rains, and lots of humidity/fog/dew, sun heat and cold.. Well Texas cold). For a few weeks one or two of the legs was kinda finnicky... Wouldn't stay extended after releasing the trigger But after some WD-40 and repetitive extending and descending and twisting of the legs, it works like new again and has for almost a year since. Hopefully sharing that didn't jinx it!

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I have two of them, unfortunately both have "died" ... I tried the WD-40 ... extend/de-extend exercise ... and the legs move ... but one will not "stick" ... i.e. any weight on one leg and that leg collapses ... and on the other one ... no amount of direct pressure with the trigger pressed will move the leg ... only twisting while pulling or pushing will move it. Maybe I could move the legs around and cannibalize one to get the other working a bit. Still haven't tried that (RD) idea. But I still think they work great, as long as they work! One of them worked for about 100 nights before dying ... the other about 20 nights before dying.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine are still working well sort of I have an occasional leg that sticks now. But they are filled with sand and we're under water almost ten hours when I hit the sinkhole.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've had one pair. It crapped out on me after being wet. My fault I left it in the bed of my truck. I tried Oso's new one and I really like it. It is one of the gun writers name. I can't remember off the top of my head. To much recoil from the 300 BLK I guess. LOL

Oh yeah it's a Jim Shockey version.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Trigger stick is branded Shockey...lol

Primos Gen 2 Jim Shockey Edition Deluxe Tri Pod Trigger Stick, 24-62-Inch

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB