Paddle Fish

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't know if you guys have ever seen one of these before. This is my nephew today, all he does is hunt and fish. Up in Montana.
These are paddlefish that you snag them during their "run". They get huge!Riley paddlefish.jpg
Fish and Game trades you the roe ( caviar) that they take in trade they filet your fish for you into big steaks. There is white meat and dark meat. They do this to keep you from creating a black market for the caviar which is pretty expensive stuff.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen shows snagging them and the cleaning operation, pretty interesting.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Strange lookin' critter there. Never seen one.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they are called a spoonbill catfish in the southern states. Crazy looking things.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My cousins noddles them in OK. Always though they were a little crazy. My brothers son caught one he told me it was the most fun he ever had fishing. Dang likes me some caviar.

chthump

LSB Member
Holding a paddle fish, wearing a NRA shirt, looking like a red neck ( that's a compliment ). That's a good day.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holding a paddle fish, wearing a NRA shirt, looking like a red neck ( that's a compliment ). That's a good day.
That kid is 21 yrs old, never has drank a drop of alcohol, never touched drugs or smoked and has never had a date with a girl (yet.) He lives at home with my brother and works hard as a mason. His every free minute is either hunting or fly fishing or anything out doors. He is a joy to be around. He is the one that calls me Rattlesnake Dan. Just bragging on him a little but really a rare breed these days, big strong kid but a gentle and real funny guy.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You just have to.like a good young man like that

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My cousins noddles them in OK. Always though they were a little crazy. My brothers son caught one he told me it was the most fun he ever had fishing. Dang likes me some caviar.
Don't know why everybody likes caviar.

Just tastes like fish eggs to me