Opening Day Snapper

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...went out with my good friend Capt. Travis out of Galveston on opening day of Red Snapper season this year and we managed to snag a limit as well as some nice Ling.

Snapper.jpg

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice catch! I miss the fishing opportunities I had while flying our small helicopters. Never get to fish anymore.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice mess of fish there, congrats.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul, those are some nice Snaps and they really look like they are under fed and on the way to extinction!! FISH FISH!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Catch!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome only been a few times but it was great fun!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Trophy Shark Fishing this weekend....snack size. My first shark could have been just a wee bit larger but was fun anyways.phone june 22 154.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hey that size tastes good on the grill

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they have to be 24" and they were probably not even that big. IMG_20150620_111722578.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah that is a bit small...lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We caught a bunch of those Bonnet sharks. They have the wildest feeling skin, kind of like a rubbery felt, very strange but very cool.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Never seen a bonnet shark before. Pretty wild. Bring piglets for bait? (or 'coons)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We were using shrimp and squid, I think they would have eaten cheaper stuff like hogs and coon meat RD, and I could have then afforded shrimp and a little calamari for myself!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We were using shrimp and squid, I think they would have eaten cheaper stuff like hogs and coon meat RD, and I could have then afforded shrimp and a little calamari for myself!
LOL...

(Buy 'em books, send 'em to school... and what do they do? They chew on the covers.)

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they have to be 24" and they were probably not even that big. View attachment 2514

Nice! I have a cousin that brings her brood down here from PA every year and they rent a big house down on the west end of Galveston every summer. Last year I was down there with them and the kids came running up to the house screaming bloody murder. Big schools of baby sharks about that size were cruising the shoreline in less than a foot of water and you would have thought Jaws was staring at those kids for dinner!!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are some of those fish Spanish mackrel ?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I lived on the Outer Banks I used to bring my boat to work so when I got off I went fishing most days. Used to catch a lot of Spanish mackerel on a 00 Clark spoon on a small down planer used it like a hand line and just hauled then in sometimes two at a time. Good eating.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is something fishy about this whole setup

don't know what it might be

will keep looking