SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really nice area, congrats.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have the bait for hogs, coyotes and coons all set! Hardest thing about getting the beavers is that you usually need to be there at first light and evening to watch them moving to get a head shot. Problem is , it's the best time to kill other critters also unless they all converge at the waters edge at the same time, then a truck load of tannerite might do the trick.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holly cow that place,is amazing looking. A virgin place to hunt and fish for a week you might not back,to,work.

Thanks Ya'll! Rob, it's one of the perks of being retired from GTE/Verizon. As long as I can get someone to take care of my hot peppers and the dogs I can stay gone for a while. Well, will stay as long as it takes to do some "Porkopalypse NOW" on those critters!!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
start fermenting some corn now and take it with you.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
start fermenting some corn now and take it with you.

....was going to pick up my barrels in Bacliff today, but got sidetracked when I came across that old rifle. Will take care of that tomorrow before i head to the gun range. What's the best mix to have in them? I plan on using fermented corn, cheap canned cat food, a bag of floating Catfish food, and maybe spray it down with some Diesel. Forgot to say the Kool Aid and some old mollassas I have around here. I plan on placing them out next weekend and letting them sit for a full week before I start hunting the two or three sites i am going to have them at. Need some advice on a good mix ya'll!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only thing to put in barrels is dry corn or it cannot come out. The other is for around it. Fermented corn is easy a pkg of yeast or a couple beers, dry koolaide, sugar and corn, add water and 2 weeks later you have the bait. Use a post hole digger, dig a hole where you don't mind it getting larger and bury the sour corn, cover it up...you have to have hogs in the area for any of it to work. I don't use diesel or oil but kreso-dip on my rubbing posts. I also have troughs made from split culvert pipe that I put horse sweet feed in.