Long Bow Elk Kill

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nephew in Montana stalked a Bugling Bull to 20 yds and pickled him with his Longbow and Cedar arrows.
Will score probably 350"
Kid lives to hunt and fish!
I don't have my own kids so I get proud of my nephews instead.riley elk 1.jpg riley elk 2.jpg

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. That is one to be proud of. Love the traditional equipment.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gorgeous, big bull ! And, with a longbow and cedars... best of the best there. Love that old school archery gear.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That Buck is truly amazing! Dang and you killed it with sticks...... Even more amazing. WOW
Now if you used flint arrow heads....... Way old school. :):):)

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Absolutely a gorgeous bull! What's not to be proud of? If I see very many pics like that I'll be tapping my 401K fund. Thanks for posting.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My brother snuck in to the gut pile looking for a black bear the next day and there was a big Grizzly eating it....he said he had to just slowly back out of there. A grizz will kill you just because.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My brother snuck in to the gut pile looking for a black bear the next day and there was a big Grizzly eating it....he said he had to just slowly back out of there. A grizz will kill you just because.
Yes, don't mess with bears and food or young, I've read enough to know that. I used to think I wanted to hunt either a grizz or brown bear, but I realize they have enough problems with lose of habitat etc, without me chasing after them. Would still love to see brown bears in the wild. Went through the Fred Bear Museum up in Gainsville Fl years ago. They had a brown bear and polar bear that he had taken with a bow. I'm 5'10" and my head was between the bears front paws standing on his hind feet. 1600# Brown Bear, and World Record with a bow at the time IIRC. It was his 3rd brown with a bow, but the only one that didn't charge, and have to be put down with a gun by a guide backing him up. All were fatal bow shots, but not before the animal would have got him in first 2 instances. 3rd one the bear was quartering away walking down the beach, and ran away when shot.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let me guess... no "big, break them down" gun in hand? LOL... nope, brownies aren't known for good table manners.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen that video with Fred on the beach taking that giant Brown bear...he stalked it and was hiding behind a rock..it was crazy. You can probably you tube it. My hunting buddies dads grew up shooting with Fred Bear...they said he was not a very good shot but had some cajones' apparently!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow

nice one for sure

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess my brother was jealous of his boy's elk kill so he had to get his own. Gotta love those longbow kills!fishs bull.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Nice! Old school, now THAT's archery. Congrats to him.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet that doesn't happen very often, father and son both get bulls with long bows. Man, that's gotta be like hitting the Power Ball lottery as far as the odds. Sweet Picture, and great memories for them!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually they kill their bulls with bows most every year. My brother actually passed up a bunch of 6 pointers he said and just took a small bull for the freezer and 2 minutes later he said a 350 monster bull walked past at 7 yds. lol Those guys are animal magnets, there are people like that. My brother has shot close to or more than 20 bears with a longbow now. He doesn't even want to and then one walks past him. lol

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually they kill their bulls with bows most every year. My brother actually passed up a bunch of 6 pointers he said and just took a small bull for the freezer and 2 minutes later he said a 350 monster bull walked past at 7 yds. lol Those guys are animal magnets, there are people like that. My brother has shot close to or more than 20 bears with a longbow now. He doesn't even want to and then one walks past him. lol
Does he offer guide services?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He did and does alot...He doesn't make anything from it but helps guide people every year. Working on getting a guy a record book moose right. A guy with too much $ paid 60,000 to shoot a moose and wants a big one.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He did and does alot...He doesn't make anything from it but helps guide people every year. Working on getting a guy a record book moose right. A guy with too much $ paid 60,000 to shoot a moose and wants a big one.
Well at least he's willing to share it. Way out of my league. But I keep saying I'm going to do it one day.