Gutsy Game Warden

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Speaking of Game Wardens. The property I am hunting and trapping on apparently is not exactly theirs. I have been set up on the fence line for a couple months now, trap, stand etc... I talked to the guy who bought the neighboring land once at the road and explained where I was. He was fine with it but did not know where I was apparently. So 2 days ago he sees my stuff, takes my game camera and tells the neighbor he called the Game Warden and is mad! Well, they explain it was me in there and he calmed down some but I called him and talked for a while. He said get your stuff out of there, mad. Well, after a while of talking he said I could leave my stuff there and just wanted me to bowhunt so I didn't shoot him working on the building up above. I hauled my stuff out of there today anyway, don't want trouble for anyone. Stopped by his place to get my camera and spent like 2 hrs with him running around his property, working on feeders etc... So now we are friendly and he invited me to fish and do some hunting, has a bunch of handguns for sale etc...Was there a point to the story, yea but I forgot what it was.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like the guy needs to unknowingly adopt a Fox in a Box. LOL

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man that is a shame, do you or can you still hunt there. What was the mix up, no communication or a mix up?? If it is not the neighbors place then what right does he have telling you to leave. Or did I miss something there??? Right he is on the neighboring land what right does he have. Hate when that happens, you had a great place hog traffic was dependable you was on the hog highway!!! Hope it works out you can get back in the right place again to whackem!! BANG BANG!!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not worth getting that close to that moose. Tranq it and if it dies it dies. F that.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man that is a shame, do you or can you still hunt there. What was the mix up, no communication or a mix up?? If it is not the neighbors place then what right does he have telling you to leave. Or did I miss something there??? Right he is on the neighboring land what right does he have. Hate when that happens, you had a great place hog traffic was dependable you was on the hog highway!!! Hope it works out you can get back in the right place again to whackem!! BANG BANG!!
The landowners bought their place a long time ago and he just bought his. He has the new land survey showing I was on his property. When property isn't fenced at the boundary it gets confusing sometimes. I need a new place anyways, working on something real close to home if it dries out!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Not worth getting that close to that moose. Tranq it and if it dies it dies. F that.
I wouldn't have done it but he probably has a better understanding of the species than I do. Hell of a story though, especially when he petted the darn thing. I did things much worse when I was younger, just don't have the cool video.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I understand cattle pretty well. I'm with them all the live long day. Few weeks ago I had a 100lbs calf in a pen and was going to ear tag it. Almost got my face kicked in. Any animal that large and that strong and agile.....not worth a guy's family losing him. Hell, go get a cherry picker and cut the chains up top.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I recall correctly, the moose was probably very tired from a rather lengthy struggle against the chains. The animal's fatigue probably contributed to his ability to free the beast.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I tried to free a sheep caught in a fence one time, beat the crap out of me. After it was over I thought to myself, 'next time I'm just going to shoot it'.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried to free a sheep caught in a fence one time, beat the crap out of me. After it was over I thought to myself, 'next time I'm just going to shoot it'.
I've heard that one before. Honest, I was just trying to free the sheep from the fence, uh huh. Yep.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll bet he forgot, and tucked his pant legs into his rubber boots too. Dead give-a-way.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Baaaaad boy

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ewe... light up my life...