Griffin Armament

STRUTTER

LSB Member
It's time to add to my collection! I was looking at the below two suppressors. I plan on running one of them on a 6.5 Grendel, 300 blk and possibly a .556. My sole purpose is to shoot hogs. My max rate of fire would be maybe 9 shots in 30 seconds if a catch a group of hogs in a field.
I currently have a YHM titanium phantom QD. I'm wanting something shorter #1 and lighter #2. I have read the reviews on the Reece 7 and they are great. I was going to purchase the Reece 7 until I looked at their website. I see the Sportman 300 is lighter and shorter. Is there any other difference between the two? Is one more accurate in terms of POI shift or does one have better db reduction levels?

SPORTSMAN 300 SILENCER SERIES

RECCE 7 SILENCER

Thanks in Advance,
strutter

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I actually purchased both the sportsman and recce 7 this past summer, just waiting on approval. Here is what I know from my research.

The sportsman is for more precision setups since it uses aluminium baffles which makes it lighter but not as durable as a SS can. They say you can rapid fire up to a point but I would check with griffin on your rifle specs and see if it is OK. It's very similar to the Silencerco Harvester. The recce 7 is a SS suppressor that can support rapid firing and take quite a beating. Downside is that it's heavier than the sportsman.

For POI shift, I think the sportsman will be less since it's lighter than the recce 7. I'm not too sure about db reduction levels vs. the other. If weight is a factor and you plan to rapid fire often, I would look at a titanium suppressor, especially the TBAC Ultra 7.

A lot of places are running out of stock on suppressors including the recce 7 so whatever you do, do it asap!

Sportsman video:

Recce 7 torture video:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jeremy from Silencer Shop is at the Dallas Safari club show so he can't respond right now. But he basically said the Reece is a tad quieter but heavier the Sportsman us a tad louder but way lighter. He personal owns the Sportsman and uses it on his Tika 300 win mag light weight. He recently took an elk with it at 400-500 yards I belive.

STRUTTER

LSB Member
Thanks for the replies (except for gshock who has me wanting TBAC ultra 7 now) LOL. I contacted griffin and they said the sportman 300 could handle 20 rapid fire from a .223.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like my Sportsman, it is only 2 oz heavier than the Ultra 7 but cost less than have the price and is quieter. If you are a high volume shooter go with the Recce if you are a hunter primarily go with the Sportsman.