Going to Walmart

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am off to Walmart in the moring to get my new hunting license. Dove season starts Spetember 2. Still can't drive yet but oldest will,take me. Forth day since back surgery. Nerves still like some plugs me up to 440 volts in my right knee. Nerves are a funny thing. Any way looking forward to trying to hunt some doves. They are all over my back yard. You watch on September 2 they will disappear.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't wait love the first few weekends of dove season!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got a spot reserved for the 1st. It isn't the most active dove place, but it is somewhere to go. I will be able to hit the honey hole after the 9th. Good luck with the doves!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can sit in my blind and wait for 20 or so to land under the feeder, 2 shells LIMIT! Other wise dove season in FL sucks and it is my first love!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Our honey hole in Frisco the past two years is a no go this year. With people buying homes again like crazy we developed ( I am a land developer) to much of the land and the birds are gone.

The past two years I would shoot my limit in less than 30 minutes. It was like being covered up in flies. Absolute best dove hunts I ever had.

This year I am spending the weekend whacking hogs instead.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For me its the social aspect its the one weekend a year I see the guys I grew up with!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I enjoy it because it doesn't take all the grueling effort night hog hunting does. I love to hunt hogs, but dove hunting is easy in comparison. I just stand on the edge of the orchard and wait for them to fly in to roost.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dove hunting is a social event, I love it!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only bird hunted twice in my life. Once for ptarmigan in Kotzebue (got skunked), and once duck hunting a few years back (got 5). Had an absolute ball both times. They get all pissy when a feller wants to shoot dumpster-chickens and soul-chickens in the city. Some folk have NO sense of humor, or adventure. I mean, nuttin' would tickle my fancy more, than to slay a gaggle of either, and grill 'em up for the swarm of tree-huggers to eat.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only bird hunted twice in my life. Once for ptarmigan in Kotzebue (got skunked), and once duck hunting a few years back (got 5). Had an absolute ball both times. They get all pissy when a feller wants to shoot dumpster-chickens and soul-chickens in the city. Some folk have NO sense of humor, or adventure. I mean, nuttin' would tickle my fancy more, than to slay a gaggle of either, and grill 'em up for the swarm of tree-huggers to eat.
+1 on that wrapped in bacon

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went to walmart $69 for a case of cheap winchester shells???? I think not!!!!