Fishing pictures!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went here (Puget Sound, Seattle) with a good buddy of mine... that is a flotilla of boats in the distance.
LifesRough.jpg

Saw some of these on the way... fish thievin' Sea Lions.
IMG_1424.jpg

Fish on !!!

Continued....

Last edited:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CallingBeerThieves.jpg

He didn't tell me we were catching beer thievin' fish !!! Trying to swallow the entire BOTTLE without opening it first. (Fish are dumb)
BeerThieves001.jpg

Got back to shore, cleaned up the boat.
BeerThiefSlayer.jpg

Went back to his place and fillet our catch, sealed 'em up for the freezer.
BeerThieves002.jpg

And drank some more of those beers, and ATE some of those beer thieving fish !!
The End

MD1005

North east FL
Here's a few from the southwest Gulf Coast of FL. My dad is a charter captain down on Marco Island, I spent most of of time offshore working (if you could call it that) the boat with him and my twin brother. We do mostly drift and anchored bottom fishing over various hard bottom andcstructure ranging from 1 to 35 miles out. image.jpg Keeper Gag grouper caught on a live pin fish in about 120ft of water 30 miles or so out.
image.jpg
36" cobia caught on a free lined grunt.
image.jpg
My twin brother Scott with a nice gag grouper caught on a live sand perch in about 80 ft 5 mile reef Marco island.
image.jpg
image.jpg capt rich my dad up top, with a nice king mackerel, and a good days haul of red grouper back at the dock.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice array of fish there. Used to do a LOT of halibut fishing when I was in Alaska. Still got a buddy with a boat in Anchorage... need to pair up with him again... now that digital cameras exist.

MD1005

North east FL
Halibut fishing looks like an awesome time. I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I spent a summer in Oregon/ Washington about 6 years ago and I was planning on getting up there it just didn't work out. A good friend of mine is in Skagway right now working.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do a little bit of fishing myself. Usually spend a few nights a year on the Padre National Seashore. Drive and camp on the beach, its like having your own personal beach far enough down! I built a little trailer with a rooftop tent, shower and generator with a/c lol!

MD1005

North east FL
Yes!! Nice pics, That second red is a monster. I like your mobile operational support center too haha. I used to drive to the national sea shore a few miles down almost every day when I lived in corpus when I first joined the navy. Such a great spot. There wasnt much going on in the barracks so I fished the sea shore and Oso bay every day I could. Mostly got into big black drum on the bay though. Not nearly as much fun as a nice bull red, they just sit there being heavy and useless and wait to get dragged in. Maybe they'd put up more of a fight if the water wasn't 2 feet deep all the way across!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Camping, fishing, hunting... why don't people "get it" ? Lookin' like a great time there.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
MD1005, used to fish down Marco way. Actually out of Port Of The Islands Marina just south of Marco.

Ever had the seafood chowder at the Snook Inn ?? Best in Marco. --- pruhdlr

MD1005

North east FL
Pru,
I haven't fished port of the islands much. I have some friends that do well down there on some big triple tail and cobia. We used to go southwest out to the different towers that are down that way off shore for grouper and amberjack. A couple of my wifes friends have been working at the snook for years. never had the seafood chowder though. I used to go there all the time from the marco pass and dock up when i was growing up. Ever eat at the little bar in goodland? Right there on the backside of Marco. They do some fine seafood, they've got a really good conch chowder.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Goodland ???????? Damn...haven't thought about that little community in years. And yep...had the conch chowder. I have a friend that has a little "shack" in Goodland. One way in ..... one way out. Had some warm beer at that lille bar also...didn't complain though,it was colder than the ambiant air in late August. Not as salty either.

Yep,we've fished some of the same waters. --- pruhdlr

Last edited:

MD1005

North east FL
Haha yep spent lots of time in good land growing up. Stan's on Sunday was a regular thing. Plenty of beers at the little bar too. The fishing ive done down there is Some of the best ive done. It's a small world (state?)

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do a little bit of fishing myself. Usually spend a few nights a year on the Padre National Seashore. Drive and camp on the beach, its like having your own personal beach far enough down! I built a little trailer with a rooftop tent, shower and generator with a/c lol!

Is the big fish a drum?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WenI lived on the Outer Banks Hattres inlet on the first full moon in may they came in and the water was red. People were shoulder to shoulder trying to catch them was way fun

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WenI lived on the Outer Banks Hattres inlet on the first full moon in may they came in and the water was red. People were shoulder to shoulder trying to catch them was way fun
In Alaska... we call that "Combat Fishing". Except it's generally on a river bank... and both sides of the bank are full of fishermen. You DEFINITELY need to learn how to choreograph your hook slings with (not only) your folks near you... but the opposing side as well. Kinda fun once you get into the rhythm of it.