Finding hogs in east Texas?

FriendlyGhost

I’m going to be hunting a family friend’s very large property in East Texas this July near Caddo lake and need some tips on hog behavior and finding them.

Heavily forested with pine, lots of swamp and steep mud bank streams. Open areas include multiple power line easements with 500+ yard line of sight in either direction, open pasture near lakes with lots of rooting sign and recently cleared 100+ acre plots that are replanted with seedlings. Hunting pressure is high during the day due to active management and deer leases. Minimal night hunting although it does happen on occasion.

I have a pulsar xp50 mounted on an ar platform chambered in 6.8 spc and am open to stalking, posting up and day/night hunting.

My question is, does anyone with experience hunting similar terrain have any tips for finding hogs? Doubt that water will be an issue this summer so trying to find the best places to search for bedding and feeding areas yo maximize my 4 day excursion.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
“Active management and deer leases”

Do they have cameras up?

If they are routinely on the property, are they seeing hog sign?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If they are routinely on the property, are they seeing hog sign?

This sounds like excellent advice. Rather than try to figure everything out yourself on the spot, can you draw from the knowledge of the folks who are out there most often?

Wellbornpapa

Grumpy old f***
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The freshly planted seedlings would be a good place to start. Hogs will be rooting around the newly tilled ground and seedlings.