Dove season 2014 opening day!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I guess I'm gonna go buy me a hunt to figure out this dove hunting hype. We just don't have enough birds and it gets aggravating.
Don't buy a hunt, but a public hunting permit for probably less than you would pay for a day lease and pick the public area you want to hunt according to the reports in the area, plus go and scout it.

Special white-wing zone opens down here on Saturday at noon. I'll have a report for the Rio Grande Valley after this weekend.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess I'm gonna go buy me a hunt to figure out this dove hunting hype. We just don't have enough birds and it gets aggravating.

Colby dove hunting is more of a social gathering than a hunt!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ayup

marineimaging

LSB Member
Yea, I would like to start hunting doves myself. I tried to cook one of those orange and black round ones the other day but it didn't seem to matter what I did, I just could not get it tender enough. BBQ pit, boiled it, fried it, baked it, even tried to freezer burn it. Still as gritty as dirt and tasted like clay.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I would like to start hunting doves myself. I tried to cook one of those orange and black round ones the other day but it didn't seem to matter what I did, I just could not get it tender enough. BBQ pit, boiled it, fried it, baked it, even tried to freezer burn it. Still as gritty as dirt and tasted like clay.
Pick one method and cook it only once. (ducking for cover)

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They were there