"Chupacabra" and Big Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a neat night. It isn't often that I get to shoot a chupacabra that smells worse than a 250 lb boar, but last night, I did.

The poor coyote had such an awful case of mange and something else growing/festering on the shoulder blades that I really didn't want to examine too closely. Both were discolored white.

I left Montague and headed up to Saint Jo to see if I could find my growling boar from last week. Don't know if I found him, but if not, I found a comparable boar...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nasty old dog and a monster boar! Nice job.

D

djones

carpe cabra!

nice face plant on boar.

do you know what the difference is in the 123gr grendel sst and a regular sst?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good size hog! Definitely one tough one .. always good vid!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya done good putting that poor ole mangy mut out!! Heck of a porker too and a fine CSMF!!!! Can anyone say heartbeat!!?? BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Vile ol' stick-tail there... definitely did her a favor. Big, tough hog too ! Some serious Curly Shuffle display. I was wondering whether you edited in the heartbeat, or if it was yours. Didn't want those cutters flailing your way !

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice night. I thought you added the heartbeat for effect. It was effective anyway, I was listening to it increase as the hog got closer. But, I was thinking that you stayed way calmer than I could have. No one would be able to hear the shot if it was me. My heartbeat would drown it out.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess I'm warped but I won't shoot a mangy coyote because if they live they will give it to other coyotes and they all die. I seen one this morning on the river and just drove on by.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice night. I thought you added the heartbeat for effect. It was effective anyway, I was listening to it increase as the hog got closer. But, I was thinking that you stayed way calmer than I could have.

It was too late to run! In my mind, I could hear Gold Five from Star Wars saying, "Stay on target...."

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Big boar! and that coyote wasn't looking good...

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Several years ago when I was getting into hunting, I was hunting for hogs late one afternoon next to a clear cut . At one point, I saw the ugliest dog I'd ever seen. It was sniffing the ground in front of my box blind for about 5 minutes. He looked like a greyhound with mange. I had no idea that coyotes could lose that much hair. I was less than 40 feet from him the entire time.

I told my property owner friend about the encounter he had good laugh at my ignorance. I just didn't to shoot someone's pet.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mercy killing for sure - must have miserable with no protection from parasites or the elements.

That boar picked the wrong pathway that night; he could have gone any other direction and would have been undetected or covered by the cattle.

You've let enough walk through cattle to earn one that didn't.

neorubio

LSB Active Member
It´s a good thing you shot that coyote, it must have been suffering a lot. And great hog! So exciting!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice bruiser Brian!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Mange or not, the standing landowner's orders where I hunt are "Shoot all coyotes on sight!"

Good job WRT both videos!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mange or not, the standing landowner's orders where I hunt are "Shoot all coyotes on sight!"

Good job WRT both videos!

I've gotta agree with der Teufel here. The places I hunt all have the same request - please shoot all the coyotes...
Excellent hog - touch and go there watching him bulldoze the ground before you finished him. Congrats Brian.