Younger smaller sows larger litters?

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I have noticed the younger/smaller sows have large litters. While the older larger sows with one or two piglets. Is this the usual? And yes, I have all these in my sights..............
12110305.JPG 01010669.JPG 12310119.JPG

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I read once that sows will nurse other sow's piglets. So you never know whose is whose.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow looks like you may need to put in some overtime! Lots of targets. I’ve heard the same. When I see a sounder like that it’s looks to me like they all just mix up.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
The two big sows had only 3 piglets total. I have been watching them for a long time. The 4 smaller sows, there was 5 I shot one, had somewhere around 25 piglets total. I have seen that larger "white" sow above once had just one piglet, that I shot. So I would say that it would be better to shoot the younger, smaller sows, then the fat old ones.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My theory is that by shooting the younger sows you take out more future generations since they have more breeding years ahead of them.

Of course, my rifle always seems to select the largest target — not sure how that happens … :rolleyes:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you were a boar, would you chase the squeelie little thang curious about these new hormones, or the grunting/sloppy old sow that isn't afraid to compete for food ? It makes perfect sense to moi. :D

Death applies salve to his sore fingers after topping off all of his mags.