When Your Farmer Wakes...

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So my farmer said, "you got a new rifle don't cha?! I can feels it from my bed!"

Guess it's time to get a suppressor!

Any suggestions for a .308 5/8-24 threading?

GO! Thanks.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a SWR .30 cal suppressor. It's built like a tank and I have zero complaints about it.

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a Sig Saur SRD762 QD. I have been very impressed with it. It really tames my Scar17's report and muzzle rise.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dr. Pepper bottle.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oil filter or solvent trap

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Right now Djones answer is pretty reasonable. Be ready for a 7-8 more than wait. If the dealer has transfer it or wait for the manufacturer to supply it you could be in for 9-12 months.

I have used Silencerco's saker and specwar. The spec war is big and heavy, but quiet. The saker is a little lighter, shower, and smaller in diameter, but just a tad louder. Their harvester can is nice and light, but has limitations because of its aluminum design.

I've heard the Sig SRD 7.62 it's a little big, but is pretty quiet with a nice tone.

See if you have a dealer that stocks a few brands nearby that will let you fondle their wears.

JPK

LSB Active Member
The SilencerCo Specwar 7.62 is a great sounding suppressor. Long and heavy though.

The Omega from SiCo sounds as good or better but is shorter and lighter. The Omega will cost more.

The Rugged Surge sounds good, and you can set it up longer and quieter or shorter, lighter and a little louder. It is heavy and long in the full configuration but not bad in the shorter configuration.

I didn't like the Dead Air Sandman L, which is long, heavy and has a less than pleasant pitch. But the shorter, lighter but slightly louder Sandman S has a pleasing tone.

The YHM ULT is light, not too long and offers good suppression.

I own two Omegas and one ULT, and I have first hand experience with the others I mention.

If costs are important but length and weight aren't big issues for you the Specwar would be a great choice. The Saker too, though I have no first hand experience with the Saker. If weight and length are important and your barrel is 16"+ and a 6.8 or 308 SBR aren't in your future the Omega would be a fantastic choice, for more money. If a 6.8 or 308 SBR are in your future and length and weight are important than the YHM is a great choice for a little more than the Omega.

The Surge and Sandman S would be fine choices, but I think they run more $'s than the other options.

Since you have to pay the stamp and live with your suppressor "forever," I would wait the extra time to get the right suppressor if a local or at least I state dealer didn't have what you want in stock.

If you are currently using a brake, get rid of it and go with a flash hider. It will make your landowner happier I think.

JPK

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys are missing the easy answer.......

You should invite one of us that is local to you that also has a spare suppressor for you to borrow to for the hunts while you're waiting for your own can's paperwork to come in.

In all seriousness though, favorite cans are a personal choice. Odds are you'll end up with more than one anyway. However if the owner of the property I was hunting was bitching about the noise I was making, speed would be in my mind.

JPK

LSB Active Member
You guys are missing the easy answer.......

You should invite one of us that is local to you that also has a spare suppressor for you to borrow to for the hunts while you're waiting for your own can's paperwork to come in.

In all seriousness though, favorite cans are a personal choice. Odds are you'll end up with more than one anyway. However if the owner of the property I was hunting was bitching about the noise I was making, speed would be in my mind.

Hell, I like your idea so. I have I'll volunteer to fly out and bring a spare suppressor or two!

JPK

D

djones

Right now Djones answer is pretty reasonable.
that's the nicest thing anyone on this forum has said to me. i'm having my secretary send you an application to be my new bestie... AND i'm quoting you!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here is your new bestie DJ and we all can imagine WHY

sheep pig.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Velcro Mama!