Welcome to NV hunting

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
George invited me last minute to go hunting with them last night.

He had 2 other friends going. 1 backed out so he invited another church friend who has never been night hog hunting. I let him use my gear as I played camera man.

Borrowed a friends thermal and I also played scout all night in an open cut field. Saw a lot of deer one nice buck!

1030ish we couldn't see what was at end of field. Thermal putting off good signature but it was a good 800+ yards out. We all got closer to see what it was.

1/2 way in stalk I looked down an open lane of corn and saw this bad boy cruising right towards us about 200 YDS down.
image_zpsae2b77b0.jpg

Kevin was the first to get on him. Then George and Mike (who was using my 300) lined up the shot.

He got within 80 YDS. Kevin's gun clicked (FTF). Mike dropped him in the dirt. George took a finishing shot.
image_zpseb0f18dc.jpg

Hog got up unable to use front legs but torpedoed himself deep into corn. We looked for a good 20 min unable to recover.

I glassed one more huge boar around 1130 a good 800 YDS down. But thermal ran out of batteries between noise I was making to change batteries and wind shifting directions. By the time I got batteries back on him he spooked and traveled1000 YDS down. To stalk him we would had to walk over quarter cut corn. No way we'd get to him without getting busted.

Very fun night. Video to come.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think filming can be as much fun sometimes as shooting!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awesome

video should be fun