Week in OK

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Spent the better part of the week in OK helping the Father in Law with ranch work and clearing out pigs in the middle of the night.
One large sounder was around most of the week but for the most part stayed a couple of fields over mixed in with the cows. Had a couple of smaller groups that came by to say hello and several lone boars.
Couple of vids and pix. Didn't get all shots on video or pictures. Every kill was from the same fence line, conveniently enough located about 30 yards from my front door. Considerate hogs.

ZapEm

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see an okie shootin stuff. It looked like you were right on with the still shots and the pigs never looked like they were hit. Gun sighted in? Wrong choice of bullet? I’m not criticising, just trying to figure it out.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Good to see an okie shootin stuff. It looked like you were right on with the still shots and the pigs never looked like they were hit. Gun sighted in? Wrong choice of bullet? I’m not criticising, just trying to figure it out.
Yeah, it weird sometimes with hogs. The still shots were generally on. Hard to tell which hog was which on the 04Apr vid, but on the first video the first round was an inch or two off from where I was aiming. Here is the first pig, hit him about where I was aiming (maybe a little high). He had some nice tusks. Sorry for the upside down pic, photobucket is being weird this morning.

Sometimes they are DRT, sometimes they try to outrun death.

Using Hornady 120g SST, my favorite bullet.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cutters!! Good job of mowing down.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Vid #1... I kept yellin' Choot-'em... CHOOT-EM!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Vid #1... I kept yellin' Choot-'em... CHOOT-EM!
Yeah, I was watching for a while on that one. Had a 22 mph wind blowing directly from him to me (you can hear it kicking up) and I have been trying to work on my patience.
I have also been trying to shoot from 1x (vs 2x) on groups but I totally screwed that up on the second video.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice work on the hogs.

Keep After 'Em!