Wasn't planning to hunt, but....

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Was just planning to setup blinds and feeders, camera's, etc. at my new hunt lease. I was exhausted each day, but this place has a bunch of hogs.

I was in the middle of a steroid burst treatment for my MS and I can't sleep when I'm on them, one night I had approximately 40 hogs only 200 yards from my trailer out in the field, could have taken several, but got greedy and tried to get closer when they winded me.

My friend Chris took 3 hogs one night with his bow, stupid 60 pounders lol.

Gun used was the 14.7" 7.62x40WT I built with WC Whisper suppressor. Barnes 110gr 7.62x40WT TTSX bullets got to take flight. Gun was topped with my Armasight Zeus 3x 640 Thermal Scope.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good Job!! That was "good night Sally"!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job Dave. I liked the close-up thermal footage.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave great shot and DRT hog good for you! Very beautiful country.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Thanks. The land is really nice. Two river bottoms, don't always flow water, but have water throughout. Also multiple ponds, some are like small lakes because of all the rain. Good population of deer, turkeys, dove, quail and a bunch of hogs. Also has some Barbary.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Certainly 10,000 acres is too much for you and since I am darn near family..... Lol

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
You're welcome to come out and join me Dan... Will hopefully have Brian get out for a few days. It has a house for guests to stay in

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would but I would become a prepper and stay there. lol

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea it's nice because I'm back in a half mile from the gate, so stuff is pretty secure.

The other funny thing about the hunt, notice I was wearing jeans. They were washed in Tide lol, as always need the wind right.