W1000 Kill video part IV

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Weather conditions for the first two hogs was clear with temperature in the 50's.
The third hog it was overcast with a light fog temperature was in the low 50's.
The fourth hog the one pumping the blood it was a light mist with a few rain drops mixed in again temperature in the low 50's
Just for info purposes I use Sony Vegas to create these videos but only to clip out the non action parts or to slow the video down no video enhancement is done I want you to see what the scope actually does. The reasoning behind clipping the video to just kill shots is I start the recorder when I'm making my stalk with the pvs-14 so all the w1000 is recoding during that time is the ground and my feet. I really don't think people would enjoy 5-15 minutes of ground and feet footage.
w1000 episode 4 - YouTube

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely video'd there T. That thermal is amazing stuff.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good video....definitely see the blood pumping out on that last boar...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BOOM, I love it!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Really nice! I love to watch those videos.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the part when the boar is doing the dirt dance and you can see blood pumping like a something from a yellow stone geyser.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the part when the boar is doing the dirt dance and you can see blood pumping like a something from a yellow stone geyser.
You should have seen the one the silencerco guys shot in the rear with a .308 he was spinning around shooting black hot everywhere. Of course I did not get it on video.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love the videos but hate you for posting them. Makes me want to go out and get thermals. It's bad enough I'm saving for night vision

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I added the weather conditions and what video editing I am using. Just wanted everyone to know this is raw footage except for being clipped and slowed down at some points. No enhancement has been made.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How much is lost in conversions to youtube and wherever else it might degrade?

Is what I am seeing what you see?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how will the w1000-9 compare to the RS-64?

I am more interested in what my eye sees than what video it puts out. That sounds bad. What I mean is I will use it and care more about the eyepiece screen than my computer monitor.

How that makes sense.

Has anyone used both yet?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have not used the RS-64 only the LWTS a few weeks back, and a hand held flir this weekend for long range the w1000 was the winner out of the three. The LWTS of course is more versatile and if given the chance to pick one of the three for the same price point it would be the LWTS, but for the money you cannot touch the W1000. The actual sceen you look at to shoot with the W1000 is green like night vision so you do not get blinded by a black and white screen. The picture in the eyepiece is close but a tad bit better in my opinion. I'm guessing this is because its a smaller screen vs a phone screen or computer monitor. Just know its awesome for hog and coyote hunting.