Video From The 17 Hog Night

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy hogs!! You have them running around everywhere!!! Good job guys!! Love the video!! BANG BANG!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awe yea! What kind of artillery r u shooting

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff there. That is just an insane amount of hogs in one area. Awesome shooting.

Question Keaton - are you required to collect & dispose of all the carcasses where you hunt, or do you have the option to leave them laying? As anybody who has done this knows, it can be a lot of work gathering up even 4 or 5 hogs. If you are by yourself it can be dam near impossible.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff there. That is just an insane amount of hogs in one area. Awesome shooting.

Question Keaton - are you required to collect & dispose of all the carcasses where you hunt, or do you have the option to leave them laying? As anybody who has done this knows, it can be a lot of work gathering up even 4 or 5 hogs. If you are by yourself it can be dam near impossible.
Thats the only downside..we must pick them up out of the field or we get chewed out or lose the permission to hunt on the land.
Loading them was not fun at all..

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Where I hunt we normally pick up all the pigs we shoot too. Just depends on if it's some type of crop field or cow pasture. Normally the only pigs we don't pick up are in Rocky hilling terrain or very thick brush covered areas.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interestink. I only hunt on our own land so I leave them laying, unless we decide to take a right sized one to throw on the barbie or somebody else wants some meat. But even when I leave them laying I am amazed how fast the carcasses are cleaned up and/or drug off the fields - nature is very efficient! Given we have mostly pasture or maybe wheat, but usually no row crops, so maybe it's a row crop thing? Wonder if your landowner would allow you to leave a couple laying as an experiment and see what happens in a few days, especially since you are doing a them a great service by taking that many hogs out. Hauling off dead hogs is a chore!

Idk, I may be off base so anyone with other experiences/thoughts on the need to remove carcasses from the field let me know.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interestink. I only hunt on our own land so I leave them laying, unless we decide to take a right sized one to throw on the barbie or somebody else wants some meat. But even when I leave them laying I am amazed how fast the carcasses are cleaned up and/or drug off the fields - nature is very efficient! Given we have mostly pasture or maybe wheat, but usually no row crops, so maybe it's a row crop thing? Wonder if your landowner would allow you to leave a couple laying as an experiment and see what happens in a few days, especially since you are doing a them a great service by taking that many hogs out. Hauling off dead hogs is a chore!

Idk, I may be off base so anyone with other experiences/thoughts on the need to remove carcasses from the field let me know.
Well we have a few places where we can leave them laying. And they're wheat fields that we can.
But we generally kill at least 10 hogs a week or more and the coyotes start to not eat them after so many.
The main reason we can't leave them in the milo is because he's a no till farmer and the bones and carcasses will damage the very very expensive grain drill.
Plus it makes a good picture lol.