Typical Carpe Sus Thermal Hog Hunt Production

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And a dandy hog it was!!! Nice going. You have a family of Fox and was that a Badger in there too?? Nice video Brian. BANG BANG!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job! I like the video.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bang-flop... those are the "most gooderest" of them all. Not even some back strap?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No backstrap, Ratdog68. He was a stinker and it was a terribly unpleasant night with virtually no wind. I could hear everything in the woods around me quite well. I thought some armadillos were a sounder of hogs for as much noise as they were making in the dried forest litter. Anyway, I did a cursory skinning around the head and upper neck to look for any signs that the bullet actually penetrated all the way through the skull. No luck. The skull was a mess with a lot of sharp fragments and I gave up the search. The hog went to one of my bone yards and was split open for the buzzards. All in all, until being shot, the hog looked to be in good health, few ticks, no fleas, no visible injuries, and with a nice layer of fat.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You definitely laid a good CNS shot on him. No exit from the skull, he WAS a mess. LOL No wind, agreed, who wants to deal with the stink. This year we can relate to dry. Three days since May have seen showers, totaling less than 1". We've had a wildfire in the Olympic National Forrest burning since May, they (last I heard) aren't even trying to battle it, due to the remoteness of the burning. They're just waiting for the fall rains to put it out. Plus all the smaller fires in the rural parts, and a few in the urban areas that break out.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
another one down ... man wish I could hunt as much as you.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog Bryan ... good and dead.
Great video, as your usual standard !

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice boar. Love your videos. With your choice of music you were clearly born at the wrong time. Late 1800's with the saloons and speak easys would have been great. LOL

Just a suggestion but for all who make videos. Include the time that you kill the hogs. Just sort of interesting. Prior to the extreme heat the hogs were coming out starting about 19: to 21:00 hours, Now it averages 01. to 03:00 am.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Turkey Buzzard Appreciation Society thanks you

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ping Flop, don't get no betta.