Turned the big Five-O last month

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No, not my birthday, that came and went a loooooong time ago. I got my 50th lifetime hog kill. I’ve been pouting about it ever since however because my previous video failure problem raised it’s ugly head again and I have no video evidence of the momentous occasion. This was actually my second hunt in a row where I was able to tag a daytime hog. I got to the feeder around 6 pm because the camera pics showed that the hogs were showing up before 7 and waiting for the feeder to go off and because of that, I was very slow and methodical in my approach to not bust them and ruin the hunt. Sure enough, the two sows and a whole barrel load of piglets were scurrying around waiting for the feeder to throw that yellow gold. I settled on my trigger stick tripod and waited for one of the sows to give me a good shot and didn’t have to wait long. One shot and she was done. I didn’t bother to tape her, but would estimate at about 120 lbs. She was pretty poor due to the piglets all drawing on her. I had shot the third sow a couple weeks prior and it looks like her and her running mate had adopted the orphaned shoats. Now the remaining sow will have to pick up the slack.
IMG_2552.JPG

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought something smelled old. No wonder, you're way beyond 50! Nice shot... love it when a plan comes together. Let #3 carry the load for a spell before taking her out too. Then... let the orphans hit the floor... let the orphans hit the floor... let the orphans hit the floor...

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congratulations! That’s cool. I’m having the same trouble with the heat, and especially the humidity. Drains me quick. Cameras showing some activity in the early morning. Maybe I can get back in the win column. Keep on ‘em Chopper!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going! I haven't kept an accurate count, although I have photos of most of the hogs I've shot. I should go thru them and tally up what I have.

Meanwhile, I'm headed out tomorrow. We'll see how well I tolerate the heat here in central Texas.

As for you, Keep After 'Em!