TSR and TDR reticle subtensions

sigfla

LSB Member
I have already asked Trijicon but if anyone out there already has these values or a better line into someone from IRD/Trijicon I have requested iStrelok add these into his ballistics app. The TCR is already available but he needs subtension values for the TSR and TDR to include them. Just FYI he already has a lot of Pulsars reticles listed for those of you with those units.

I use Strelok Pro for all of my Ballistic calculations. Its excellent for anyone who is interested.
fullsizeoutput_28c6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_28c5.jpeg
Pulsar
fullsizeoutput_28c8.jpeg

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Subtensions for Mk2 and Mk3 reticles are shown in the MK2 and Mk3 flip card documentation included with the scopes.

Maybe I can take pics and upload.

==

Mostly they are multiples of 18, 36 and 72 inches at 100yds ... i.e. 5 mils, 10 mils, etc.

These are useful for sizing critters as well as holding for movers ... using the formula 1.25 mils = 2 MPH ... so 2.5 mils = 4 MPH, 5 mils = 8 MPH, 10 mils = 16 mph, 15 mils = 24 mph. So guess the crossing speed of your target and hold accordingly.

36 inches is 3 feet at 100yds, so estimate size of critter and determine distance. A 3 foot long critter would fit the 18 inch subtension at 200yds.

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Aye, in the mean time I got a little worried that the flash cards showing the reticles might be copyrighted, they don't say they are, but they should be!

So I grabbed a screen shot from the open internet and added blue and purple data showing the subtensions ... again 36 and 72 inches ... with some of the halves of them being 18 inches ... these are convenient for rapid ranging of critters and for holding for movers ... that's the theme of these reticles, they are not designed for long distance precision shooting, they are hunting reticles!

KyesQMdh.jpg

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^^^^Nice info to have. Thanks

I have already asked Trijicon but if anyone out there already has these values or a better line into someone from IRD/Trijicon I have requested iStrelok add these into his ballistics app. The TCR is already available but he needs subtension values for the TSR and TDR to include them. Just FYI he already has a lot of Pulsars reticles listed for those of you with those units.

I use Strelok Pro for all of my Ballistic calculations. Its excellent for anyone who is interested.
View attachment 5609
View attachment 5610
Pulsar
View attachment 5611
Was wondering if you got any feedback from trijicon about the vertical subtensions on the reticles......if not i was talking to mr. Borisov frim strelok and if you take a pic of the reticle at 50yds over 1 inch or smaller grid he can extrapolate the subtensions based on the grid snd distance all he needs is the picture and distance. I just got two systems and would take care of this myself but i am out if country for a bit but thus might help you or others looking to get more out of their reticles.

sigfla

LSB Member
No Trijicon never responded. However Borisov continues to impress. He is always super responsive and prompt with his updates. Best ballistic app on iTunes