Trijicon REAP-IR issues

saki302

Hello all!

I have a REAP-IR unit which worked fine for a while, but recently has been giving me trouble.

Mine is a 35mm REAP-IR (mfr 2016) which developed a strange issue where it would show a split screen on boot and not function (goes to a white fuzzy unresponsive screen)- but if you turn it on and off several times, eventually you get a "good" boot and it works. It will work fine until you turn it off - then same issue again, turn it on and off several times until you get another 'good' boot.

This sounds like a software/firmware issue. Hardware either works or it doesn't

I contacted trijicon, and they told me to send it in- sounded like they were going to take care of it.
After about 4 weeks, they contact me saying the repair would cost me nearly $5K (new core, new main board).
This doesn't sound right, as it works *sometimes* if you keep turning it on and off. It really sounds like a software issue.

If they cannot cover the repair I will have them send it back, as it's not worth the repair cost, I could just buy another, and this does work provided you do the magic chicken bone dance and turn it on and off 4-6 times.

Has anyone figured out how to self-reset or address this issue? I have already contacted texaslawman to see if he knows anyone at Trijicon who can help- I saw it mentioned in another thread he may.

Thanks in advance!

-Dave