Thrilla in Red Rivah

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Two go in and only one will come out! Well..the other ran off and came back later.

Hadn't had any hogs on cam in almost a week. Now the boars are coming out of the woodwork. When I get a big one these guys are about what I get. Having said that, its been a while since Ive nailed a big one.

They seem to know when I get to camp because the only ones that show up while I'm there are more on the medium side.

Hopefully I can get over next week before the cam batteries die and corn runs out. Oh and a nice breeze from the south would be good too.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.44.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.19.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.19.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.20.14 AM.png

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are a couple of Shermans right there. Hope you get 'em both !

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wild looking beasts for sure. Good luck cleaning them out!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A southerly breeze is always welcome where I hunt, too.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It seems like every time I take out a big boar, a different one takes it's place. Is that the feeder that Academy sold? If so, what do you think of it so far?

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It seems like every time I take out a big boar, a different one takes it's place. Is that the feeder that Academy sold? If so, what do you think of it so far?
Yes, its from Academy. Overall I like it but there are a few "issues".
1. The inside walls are not steep enough to drain all of the corn out. So it ends up "empty" with a bag or two still inside. Im sure theres an easy fix, just need to empty it and try some things.
2. The cage around the spinner ends up blocking the throw of a lot of corn so you can have quite a bit directly under the feeder. I opened it up some with my grinder but did not seem to make much difference. prolly open some more next time Im over.
3. The skids are two pieces and theres a bolt head on the bottom that catches on everything when your sliding it on the trailer. Might try carriage bolts or just grind them down some.
4. Prepare to devote a good hour or two to assembly.

Super easy to load corn and lasts a good month going off once a day. Seems pretty heavy duty with nothing too flimsy. I've been meaning to get over and get another one.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the feeder review. I have been considering one for a while.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good looking boars .... some of those photos look national geographic type! Good luck!!