Texas Silencer Company

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never used or seen one of these silencers. From the research I have done and info I have from a trusted source they are heavy 26oz, long 9.1", and loud the metered sound they claim is at the ear not the muzzle. Again this is second hand info but from a very knowledgeable source that I trust. So take that info for what it's worth, but I would look for other solutions.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Probably very little, might not even be able to hear the difference. That's until you forget to take the .270 end cap off when you put it on a 30 cal.

Can't speak to the .270 cap with a .308, but using a 5.56 with a .308 can drops the noise considerably. I see no point in spending the money on a separate 5.56 can.

I've got a .338 LM can I haven't tried yet but I bet I could easily use it on my .308s to safely drop the noise. The .338 suppressor and the .30 cal suppressor use the same thread pattern.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never used or seen one of these silencers. From the research I have done and info I have from a trusted source they are heavy 26oz, long 9.1", and loud the metered sound they claim is at the ear not the muzzle. Again this is second hand info but from a very knowledgeable source that I trust. So take that info for what it's worth, but I would look for other solutions.
They make a titanium one too. It's not heavy at all.

mnpugh1

We test at the shooter's ear because it's the only place that matters to hunters and sport-shooters. There is nothing wrong with mil-spec testing but it's an incomplete picture of what the silencer sounds like to the shooter. Independent testing put us at 131.5 dB (10 cold-shot average) using 168gr PMC .308 FMJ on a 20inch barrel. A comparison of similar silencers using the same testing procedures puts us at the second quietest (behind the Liberty Freedom Mag; which is a $1,000.00+ silencer). #huntquiet

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We test at the shooter's ear because it's the only place that matters to hunters and sport-shooters. There is nothing wrong with mil-spec testing but it's an incomplete picture of what the silencer sounds like to the shooter. Independent testing put us at 131.5 dB (10 cold-shot average) using 168gr PMC .308 FMJ on a 20inch barrel. A comparison of similar silencers using the same testing procedures puts us at the second quietest (behind the Liberty Freedom Mag; which is a $1,000.00+ silencer). #huntquiet
Yes but that is the industry standard to measure at the muzzle for example the Rugged surge meters 131 at the muzzle, what yours does at the ear with a 20" barrel while the surge was on a 16" barrel . So by listing your numbers it looks like they sound the same. But the surge is 126 at the ear on a 16" barrel. The griffin armament recce 7 is 130.8 at the ear with 16" barrel.

Here are a few more silencers from various manufacturers all at the ear all 16" barrels.

131.6 on the dead air sandman at the ear 16".

132 on the radical firearmsat the ear 16".

131.5 on the dagger at the ear 16".

131.4 surefire 300sps at the ear 16"

130.4 on thunder beast ultra 9 at the ear 16"

129.2 on griffin 30sd at the ear 16"

131.6 on the dead air sandman at the ear 16"

So not the second quietest but it is the heaviest. I have no dog in this fight I can pretty much use any can I want, but I like correct information.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
26oz is a lot of weight for a can. People don't think it is until its cantilevered out on the end of a barrel.