Texas Silencer Company

Rappland

LSB Member
Has anyone an opinion about these guys out in Weatherford? I'm looking to get my first suppressor and like to do business face to face. These guys aren't far from me. I can't base a purchasing decision solely on that though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They carry most brands for a one stop shop and are great guys, check out Todd's videos on comparisons he has several. Jeffrey reps them here go to their area and ask away!

lone star boars - YouTube

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the site Nick! Good to hear from a fellow Texan.

Nick/Texas Silencer Co is not a retailer. He just manufactures silencers.

Last edited:
D

djones

seems like a good value at $650, if you don't mind the weight. then again, the steel over titanium is what makes it full auto rated. the sound reduction numbers are good too, but it's also 9". just curious, it looks to be a direct thread, so what good is the 223 end cap? don't 223s take a different thread pitch from 308?

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
seems like a good value at $650, if you don't mind the weight. then again, the steel over titanium is what makes it full auto rated. the sound reduction numbers are good too, but it's also 9". just curious, it looks to be a direct thread, so what good is the 223 end cap? don't 223s take a different thread pitch from 308?

Yes. .308 is 5/8x24. .223 is 1/2x28.

Rappland

LSB Member
I asked nick that via email, I want the option of putting it on my 556 and 6.8 which will require a thread adapter, I guess.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I liked the availability of a 270 end cap.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I asked nick that via email, I want the option of putting it on my 556 and 6.8 which will require a thread adapter, I guess.

That's what I do. I have a .30 cal can and swap it over to a5.56 and my 6.5. No sense in buying multiple cans when 1 will work.

D

djones

seems like there would have to be, but i didn't see it listed in the 'what you get' section.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how much difference does it really make, a 270 cap for 6.8 verus leaving the 30 cal cap in?
Probably very little, might not even be able to hear the difference. That's until you forget to take the .270 end cap off when you put it on a 30 cal.