Stupid Does...

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know I don't need to tell any of you here this... but don't use Match/Target ammo on hogs.

6Np6onpl.jpg

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hmm, interesting.

Good video!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
C'mon bro tell the truth you got a bump stock on that thing. The first boar you cracked off 3 shots after moving around the tree and it was like a full auto rifle. Nice job and thanks for researching the ammo and sharing the results.

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Would have thought they would have done very good. The 168 Amax in 308 has been the most devastating load I have ever shot anything with.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some target ammo does very well for hunting, as Mel indicates. Some is terrible. However, none that I have seen is good for firing through trees or making Texas Heart Shots.

Auto NUC is a definite liability when hunting as demonstrated twice in this video. The Apex has a semi-auto feature that works much better and allows for better hunter safety.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol probably not the best (or most economical) round for hogs but thanks for trying so I'm not tempted. The 140 match shoots 1/2" moa or better from my Bergara HMR - great factory round for punching paper. Would be interesting to see how the Hornady 147 ELD Hunting performs on hogs but it's even more cost prohibitive than the Match, more suited for deer where round counts are low.

Inside of 100 yds I'd think any cheap soft point would work (I think S&B has one priced at around $15/box). As everyone here knows, on hogs shot placement reigns supreme. Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting.