Stalk Hunt 3 fields = 5 hogs in one evening!

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Stalk hunted 3 different fields and recovered 5 hogs. Sighted in 6.8 SPC with ZeroDelta Mount and Pulsar Trail XP50. It is a tack driver now! Shot a 241 pound Boar at 220 yds. Liking Hornady 120 gr SST as it's putting them down. Attached Recce 7 suppressor, dialed back gas block which took just a bit of recoil out too! Loving this set up!!
Have been shooting 300 BO and fun to switch guns every now and then. Up to 95 hogs YTD off my place.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That’s a good hunt! Good shooting!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going. Looks like you had a good night.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
Nice shooting!! How do you like your Recce 7? Mine should be out of NFA jail next month. I’m already planning on picking up either a Thunder Chicken or a DeadairNomad next. Lol. #addiction

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting!! How do you like your Recce 7? Mine should be out of NFA jail next month. I’m already planning on picking up either a Thunder Chicken or a DeadairNomad next. Lol. #addiction

NYChogkiller - I've received two from Silencer Shop, took 7 months to get out of jail. So far so good. These are my first so I really don't have anything to compare. I've got one more coming Griffin Armament GP7. Should be able to pick up in January.
What I can report is that once you start shooting with a suppressor you do not want to shoot without one. There is a noticeable reduction in recoil, sound and a bit more accurate in POI. All hogs I've killed are with supersonic handloads. I try to load at highest velocity/accuracy and stay within spec.
I've loaded some subsonic but have not shot a hog. Most of my shots are 100 yds or less but still I don't like the drop associated with subsonic. I never know when I'll need to lob one 150 or more yds. I've been stalk hunting my place going from field to field and I try and stalk as close as possible without getting busted. On a moonlit night you cannot get as close so I end up taking much longer shots and would not be comfortable with subsonic.
I'll eventually try it on some hogs. I will say from target practice with subsonic/suppressor it is amazing quite.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going!
Keep After 'Em!

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
NYChogkiller - I've received two from Silencer Shop, took 7 months to get out of jail. So far so good. These are my first so I really don't have anything to compare. I've got one more coming Griffin Armament GP7. Should be able to pick up in January.
What I can report is that once you start shooting with a suppressor you do not want to shoot without one. There is a noticeable reduction in recoil, sound and a bit more accurate in POI. All hogs I've killed are with supersonic handloads. I try to load at highest velocity/accuracy and stay within spec.
I've loaded some subsonic but have not shot a hog. Most of my shots are 100 yds or less but still I don't like the drop associated with subsonic. I never know when I'll need to lob one 150 or more yds. I've been stalk hunting my place going from field to field and I try and stalk as close as possible without getting busted. On a moonlit night you cannot get as close so I end up taking much longer shots and would not be comfortable with subsonic.
I'll eventually try it on some hogs. I will say from target practice with subsonic/suppressor it is amazing quite.
Thanks for sharing the info. I currently have a Gemtech Tracker. It’s been a lot of fun and I can’t see hunting or shooting without a suppressor. It definitely changes the game. I truly don’t get the hype over subsonic loads aside from punching holes in paper. You’re right about the limitations regarding their use for Hunting. I became addicted to thermal and suppressors during my hog hunting trips to Texas. Now I have my Texas hog hunting starter kit of a Trail thermal and one suppressor. Lol. I can’t wait to come back soon.... pewpew

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! I have the Recce 7 suppressor too, pretty good overall.

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
gshock - yes the Recce 7 works good for me so far. Glad you are having good luck with yours! I've got about 95 hogs recovered so far in 2018 and hoping I can break 125 for the year. That would be a record for me on my place. I figure with thermal and suppressor I'm going to double my take from 2017!