Spypoint Link Evo mms camera

Ewilson

The hogs have been slow at my hunting spot lately. After spending 2-3 hours every Friday and Saturday night with nothing to show for it. I decided to buy this SPYPOINT messaging camera that text you pictures as it takes them. I put it out yesterday and have recieved seven pictures so far of coons and squirrels but no hogs. The camera is working great and I haven’t had to sit in a stand waiting. My hunting spot is just a mile away so my plan is to wait until I get a hog picture at the feeder and sneak down there and chute em. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Ewilson

Image.png Update: 2nd night started getting pics of a few hogs at my feeder at 10:15 pm, got dressed went down and had my hog shot within about 20 minutes, beat the heck out of sitting in a stand for hours. This SPYPOINT link evo camera is definitely going to change the way I hog hunt.

Ewilson

Can you post a link to the camera you bought?
eBay search for SPYPOINT link evo, I bought it for 209.00 with free shipping from United outdoors. They shipped it the next day and I had it in 4 days. You tube has some videos on this camera if you want to check them out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what is the montly fee for over the 100 pics you get a month? not sure I have a spot for one that takes that few pics a month

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what is the montly fee for over the 100 pics you get a month? not sure I have a spot for one that takes that few pics a month
I just researched it Frank. 100 photos/month are free. 250 photos for $5/month, unlimited photos for $15/month

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let me tell you that is the best deal around along with the camera cost.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
38% of buyers give it 1 star rating. Use caution when buying.

Ewilson

38% of buyers give it 1 star rating. Use caution when buying.
Yes, you should always use caution when buying. I read many reviews about it including the negative ones. Half of the negative ones seem to be people who won’t be happy with anything. I do like that it comes with a SIM card ready to go and the app that you program it with has a live customer service chat right there if you need help. I had the thing up and running in 10 minutes and it is doing everything it says it will do, knock on wood. I would buy another one today if I needed it. Like all things, time will tell the story.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I think most complaints come from reception issues.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
around my feeders I could get an entire sounder for an hour or 2, 100+ pics a night
PICT0006.JPG

Ewilson

around my feeders I could get an entire sounder for an hour or 2, 100+ pics a night
View attachment 6331
Right, you can set it to go off with a time gap between pictures, I have mine set for 3 minutes apart right now but you can get one every 5,10 30 or whatever. The quality of the pictures is lower than my other cameras but I can tell a hog when I see it. Got this one a few minutes ago.

Ewilson

Yea, I think most complaints come from reception issues.
The camera is showing 2 bars of reception and is working fine. I checked with my phone at my hunting spot before I ordered it. I read one review that said they had one bar and it worked fine. I’m not sure which cell service the sim is on that comes with it, I ordered the camera that will take Verizon in case I wasn’t happy with the service I could get a Verizon sim that works well in my location.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah it says it is Verizon, I like the preloaded sim and ready to go not through a cell carrier but them for setup and plans.

jglass

LSB Member
My 250 picture limit would be used up in around 5 days by the time all the squirrels, coons, deer, foxes, coyote, and homeless people had their pictures taken. Good idea though, head out when the hogs show up, I have to sit and wait for them. Furthermore, just because hogs are on the trail camera at 7:00pm one night doesn't mean they will show up at 7:00pm the next night. Don't we all wish it was that easy.

Ewilson

My 250 picture limit would be used up in around 5 days by the time all the squirrels, coons, deer, foxes, coyote, and homeless people had their pictures taken. Good idea though, head out when the hogs show up, I have to sit and wait for them. Furthermore, just because hogs are on the trail camera at 7:00pm one night doesn't mean they will show up at 7:00pm the next night. Don't we all wish it was that easy.
I’m averaging about 7-8 photos every day but for 15 bucks a month you get unlimited. Worth every penny for me personally especially since I am 5 minutes from my hunting spot.