Sow and a yote

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Y'all know how it goes.... Told the wife I was only gonna stay out hunting for a couple of hours since the temps were approaching the 30's. Anyway I sat at one of my usual spots for an hour after sundown and could hear lots of activity not too far away. Finally stood up to scan the horizon and sure enough I spotted a sounder headed away from me going towards the wheat field I hunted Sunday night. I got in the truck hoping to head them off at the pass or else get to the field ahead of them. About half way there I thought I'd better check on their progress and pulled over at a gate. Sure enough there they were just on the other side of the road not 100 yards away. I shut off the engine and lights, grabbed my gear and tried to quietly get into position, I was lucky.

Video of shot - Hog004.mp4

Hog0004x.jpg

As a testimony to how tough these critters are, here are two shots of the blood trail she left crossing a road. I can't understand how she ran as far as she did.

Bloodtrail2x.jpg Bloodtrailx.jpg

Now I figured the rest were still headed to the wheat field so I packed up and drove another mile. I parked behind a stack of hay bales, scanned and saw two black objects approaching. Turned out to be yotes.

Video of shot - yote01.mp4

Yote01ax.jpg Yote01bx.jpg

The SST made quite an exit..... and I still made it home before my wife went to bed!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't you love it when your scope nucs when you shoot. lol Nice shot.

NO! not really.... Are you speaking from experience, eh?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice killin' ! So? You made it home in time to plant ice cold hooves into the middle of HER back for a change? LOL

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog and coyote down!! Happy wife is always good!