Silencer shop or anyone else?

Steve

LSB Member
Can anyone tell me with an educated guess what everyone is seeing for the current wait time is?

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I ordered my last on July 2, and I'm still waiting. Should be getting close.

Larryc

I sent my paper work off 1 day before the big change in the way you will be filing you paper work
5/30 /17 I pick up my new toy.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
seems like a lot have gone from 8 mos to 12 now from what I see talked about...pretty sad if you ask me.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, around 10½ to 11 months seems to be the latest news.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer shop submitted my two on July 7th, check cashed July 21st. Called today, still pending. Ugh

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BR just got his last ones 2 weeks ago, they took almost exactly a year from the check cashing

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We are seeing approvals from checks cashed the first part of July. Once they get through July approvals then wait times will drop like a rock. I suspect that people buying now will see about a 4-5 month wait or less. I'm willing to bet money that the ATF wait times drop to 30 days by the end of the year.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can anyone tell me with an educated guess what everyone is seeing for the current wait time is?

Playing on what Jeremy said, the current wait time isn't necessarily a predictor of your wait time as the current wait time is for forms submitted months ago and not for forms being submitted now. So basically, you are looking at information that is X number of months out of date ("X number" = current wait time).

For example, when I purchased my suppressors, the wait time was said to be just under 5 months. It took 7 and mine came in around the same time frame as others that were submitted around when I submitted mine. My forms were not delayed for any form problems, but the backlog had increased.

So if you buy today and get the forms submitted, count on it taking a few months, but it could be more or less that the "current" wait time. As Jeremy indicated, it certainly could be less.

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang have you called? They said they were in mid July already

Decided to call NFA branch today. They said it was approved in March!! Local dealer that it was transferred to said they didn't have a # on file from Silencer Shop but that they were sending me emails. I can't find any emails from them not even in the junk folder. But I'll be picking up my Obsidian today!

"Be patient and try not to think about it" they said. Maybe a little too patient.

Rappland

LSB Member
Decided to call NFA branch today. They said it was approved in March!! Local dealer that it was transferred to said they didn't have a # on file from Silencer Shop but that they were sending me emails. I can't find any emails from them not even in the junk folder. But I'll be picking up my Obsidian today!

"Be patient and try not to think about it" they said. Maybe a little too patient.

Well aint that some BS. Dealer could have called SShop, you know full well they have the number and correct email. At least you have it now.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

What was the dealers name? You can PM me if you want.

HWynne

We are seeing approvals from checks cashed the first part of July. Once they get through July approvals then wait times will drop like a rock. I suspect that people buying now will see about a 4-5 month wait or less. I'm willing to bet money that the ATF wait times drop to 30 days by the end of the year.

Jeremy - it’s been 4 months since you said this. What (and I realize it’s hard looking into the crystal ball) do you think the lead time is now?

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We are seeing approvals from March. However we are also seeing approvals from October and these are being approved on the same day. So the ATF is all over the place.

Now for what it's worth the ATF has said that by the end of the year they will be under 3 months. So if that is the case then you are looking at about 5 months right now.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also I recognize that is what I said back then in June but we are pretty close to that. So it is not unreasonable to think they could be to June in a month or so.

Steve

LSB Member
Hey Jeremy,
Just following up been a little over a month since your last post on here. What dates/months are you guys currently seeing at the moment?

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Form 4 trust - December 2nd

Form 4 individual – July 26th

Form 1 trust – November 25th

Form 1 individual - June 19th