Shot Four of Five, Recovered Three

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
In 2018 I had a large sounder really tearing apart the ranch on the Northwest corner (I had three sounders working the place then). Trying to put a stop to them is how I got into the thermal game.

By spring of 2019 I had their numbers down to about six smallish adults in the 100 lb range, the last one being killed in March about 11 months ago. I had not seen them since.

Last week I noticed that I had a handful of boar rooting spots in the Northwest pasture. Two days later I found about a half-acre rooted up. So I started going out every night again. This is where I killed the 150 lb boar a few nights ago.

Last night I caught five more hogs out in the open. I managed to put bullets in four of them, killing three. Unfortunately I made several poor shots to open the engagement, so I played catch up.

20200207_223452.jpg

Last edited:

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Nice pile o pigs. Video is blocked for me here and on youtube.

Video unavailable
This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the dead trio! Yup, video unavailable, same message.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video!

Things like unstable ground are factors that people at home have no idea about unless you tell them, and even then, many really won't understand the significance. Good job under bad conditions!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting, really. Getting three down and a probably fourth is darn good in my book.
Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe that will move that bunch on down the road. That’s good shooting! I enjoyed the video.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tough beasts! Nice work keeping on 'em and hammering away. Buzzards be poopin' somewhere !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That wasn't bad shooting, you just needed to get them moving so they could get far enough out so you could hit them. Nice going.

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
That wasn't bad shooting, you just needed to get them moving so they could get far enough out so you could hit them. Nice going.

LOL...yeah I was kind of irritated after my first few shots...maybe it caused me to buckle down. That second sow though took two crappy hits and wasn't phased a bit! She just kind of trotted off after the third.