Shot a fox in the face..

kryptekman

LSB Member
and he ran away, it was my first real experience with a hunt that actually yielded and animal with night vision.

It was about 40 feet away, he was facing me with his head sniffing the ground, i feel like my laser was just on his forehead as i pulled the trigger. He ran away instantly to my left, about 25 yards into the tree line at my 10 o clock. Before he got into the woods i cracked off another round about 3-5 feet in front of his fleeting trajectory.

I did not find any blood or track to show his path. It was too dark and far too thick in alaska to persue at night, so im coming back after work to see if i can find him 100 yards or less in that thick spruce.

Has this happend to you? the bullet was 55grain FMJ from a 7.5 AR with thunder chicken silencer.
I went and put a target up at the same distance, and fired one round in the same exact manner, a little shaky and a little quick and it hit right where the laser was.So im confident the first shot was a hit somewhere in the upper ruff/neck/forehead area. Do you think I will find him?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did'ja find 'im?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is one of those situations where having video probably could have helped explain whether or not you actually hit your target. It doesn't take much or very long to be off target, particularly on a small target like a fox face. If you would have hit him anywhere in the head, you should have had good blood sign and chances are he would not have gone far.