Seven Down

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
A personal best for me, but I'm not Todd.

I've had a lone boar show up on camera basically every night that the creek was up too high to cross (without getting wet). It was low enough last night to cross, so I gave it a shot. Didn't see anything but deer where I had thrown out some corn, but then I looked across a couple of pastures in the distance.

Saw a sounder making its way through a herd and across the creek. Unfortunately for me, the wind was blowing dead at them from my position, so I waited it out until they were in the trees and then made a sweep around to the other crossing. I managed to get downwind of them for my final approach.

I am not sure if I shot an eighth, but seven stayed on the ground, so seven it is.

20200428_Hogs Meadow.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That guy left the gate open again.

And, THAT is what happens when you yell: "Pig Pile !!" while in the field. That's quite the nice pile right there. Great job getting so many of 'em with the stems knocked off.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going!
That's outstanding.

I was out last night and only managed to shoot one of the raccoons that's been raiding my feeder.
Keep After 'Em!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good gravy what a time you had! So nice for the hogs to cooperate for a change. And what is that guitar pickin song from that you use as a theme song??? It's stuck in my head real bad now.

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
Nice going!
That's outstanding.

I was out last night and only managed to shoot one of the raccoons that's been raiding my feeder.
Keep After 'Em!

Raccoons can be the worst at times. I saw three more last night. I may monitor that area and reduce their numbers if I see more.

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
Good gravy what a time you had! So nice for the hogs to cooperate for a change. And what is that guitar pickin song from that you use as a theme song??? It's stuck in my head real bad now.

YouTube kept getting mad at me for adding good music. It is one of their songs for creators titled: "Western Spaghetti".

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good pile of hogs! That was some great work there! Congratulations!