Rugged Obsidian 45

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thoughts anyone? Looking for something to go on my G20 that I carry as backup while hog hunting. Other option is an Octane 45 or Octane K 45. I'm willing to give up some sound reduction for a lighter/shorter can.
This may be cross posted on 68 forum as well....

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will be able to tell you my thoughts within a week or two. I was really impressed with the surge and have added both the surge and the obsidian 45 to my personal collection.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, good to know. The reviews I have been reading are positive as well. I may be pulling the trigger on this one pretty soon.... thank you sir.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I put this somewhere else also but the rugged suppressors owner was the silencerco engineer that designed all of their cans minus the salvo and Osprey. This is basically a upgraded octane from what I can see.

Compressorguy

Burleson Texas
I have one on order, and will probably run it on my G20. As of now I think the only Pistons out are the 1/2-28 and .578 versions. Want to say I read the 9/16" Pistons for .40/10mm will be available sometime soon.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I got my confirmation will pick mine up tomorrow. It was the first serial number sold to the public so that is pretty sweet!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I got my confirmation will pick mine up tomorrow. It was the first serial number sold to the public so that is pretty sweet!

Already approved?? I've been eyeing one ... so many toys and so little money. ; )

Last edited:

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Already approved?? I've been eyeing one ... just so many toys and so little money. ; )
Todd gets his faster so he can do reviews and testing. No one else will have theirs for at least 5 months. It is a freaking awesome silencer though.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd gets his faster so he can do reviews and testing. No one else will have theirs for at least 5 months. It is a freaking awesome silencer though.

5 months until back in stock, or 5 months estimated ATF wait time? I ordered my Obsidian from SS on Jan 8 and not sure I even want to know the answer to this question, lol.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
5 months on approvals.