Recommend me a red light headlamp

Brazos_Jack

I don't know if this is the right sub-forum for this. I plan to get a thermal scope to hunt hogs at night. I need a good, reliable red light headlamp to see my way to and from my blind or stand. It needs to be able to turn down at maybe 50 to 80 degrees to light the ground in front of me. It doesn't need to be super bright. Just light my path for 25 to 30 feet.

What would be a good headlamp to look at?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This may seem a little hokey, but if you're not looking for anything special, you might consider this and just wrap some red plastic over it —
310 Lumen Headlamp

I use one for walking to/from a downed hog, and it's particularly useful while cutting up a dead hog.
I just whack off the leg quarters and back straps, then cut open the belly to give the scavengers an easier time. Having a headlamp lets me work with both hands and things go more quickly. Harbor Freight frequently puts out coupons so that this headlamp is often only $10. It's plenty bright enough.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Coast from Lowe’s - about $25.

Three AAA. Focusable.

Two white beams on right button. Left button gives red.

Will cover the distance you’re looking for.

Don’t get the one with the green light option. Or any that make you cycle thru other colors to get to red.

8321AA53-42A3-4036-ADE2-8FD6661FB89C.jpeg

Last edited:

Wellbornpapa

Grumpy old f***
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Academy has 3 LED lights for $3.99 that clip on the bill of your cap. They work great for me.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really like my Black Diamond Storm. White, red, green, blue - all in one and has two brightness levels.