Question on Pulsar Trail

HuStLeR

1CA0F3F4-B0D6-48AD-82B1-BC8904FC89D2.jpeg dear friends,
is it normal that the reticle of the Pulsar trail moves after zeroing? I always thought ( but I am also new into thermal) that the cross / reticle always jumps back to the middle of the screen.

But yesterday I tried and when I correct the small X to the POI the main reticle stays there. That means if I start the device now, I see my reticle in the upper right corner and not in the middle. Is this normal?

Thank you.

PS: I am currently not with the device, so sorry for the bad example I created with my mobile phone right now. But I think you can see what I mean :) picture attached.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don’t have a trail model, but I think all the new Pulsar models have a similar menu. Were you careful to make sure that you got the ok after saving the new coordinates prior to turning off the power. If so, then something maybe wrong as it should have gone back near center.

jglass

LSB Member
I have a Pulsar XQ38 trail. When I have zeroed the scope the crosshair was always fairly close to center of the screen. I moved it a small amount and after the position was saved and the scope reset itself the crosshair always appeared on center.

At first I figured something was wrong with your scope but now I'm wondering. Just how far off was your scope when you checked
zero? Was it way way off and if so why? I wonder if you moved zero to far from center and the scope doesn't like it.. I would try mounting your scope on a different rifle like an AR-15 where the scope mounting is precision machined onto the receiver and shouldn't be very far off. Scopes I mounted to my AR-15s were never more than a couple inches off at 40 yards.

Another thing I do is bore sight all my scopes and even iron sights. I made a fixture to bore sight my AR-15s. I get it amazingly close bore sighting and I don't use a laser either. I just look down the bore then the scope or iron sight. For hunting hogs in Florida all I do is bore sight. I never shoot 100 yards because I can never see that far in Florida. If you mount a scope, bore sight, and its a mile off
something is seriously wrong and not likely the scope.

Let us know what you find out. I did de-bug work most of my life and pretty good at it.
My AR-15 bore sight fixture. The center of gravity is centered on the step ladder for better balance. Note the leveling jacks on the fixture.

Last edited:

HuStLeR

Well, I am helping a friend of mine with his scope, because he is not the technical "pro". But I also helped others and I never saw that the reticle moved. I also did not tested it yesterday with real conditions. But it would help if anyone of you could test it. If you use a profile that you don't need (maybe the C one) and you make a bigger adjustment of the small X to the upper right corner. Is the reticle staying there or is it jumping back to the middle?

Maybe it is normal that the reticle is going / staying to the place where we confirm zero (and yes we confirmed it). But maybe nobody notice it, because (as you said) when you put it on a pica/weaver rail it it already in a good direction and you have to make only small adjustments, so that nobody notices if the reticle is still in the center or slightly out of center.

I just want to know if THIS trail has any problems or if it is normal, that the reticle will be out of center, when there is some more adjustment.

PS: Sorry for my not so perfect English - I am from Europe :)

jglass

LSB Member
Where did your friend get the scope? If he bought it new I would contact the place he bought it. There are people right here that sell
Pulsar scopes. They will know what to do. Give your question a few days for these people to see it. I bought my Pulsar trail in
July of 2017 so I'm no expert.

I don't understand why the reticle is in the upper right corner in the first place? Was it always that way? I woke up this morning thinking about your problem. Check the scope mounting itself. There could be some kind of dirt or debris between the mounting and the scope or mounting and the rifle. I think your problem is in there somewhere but I'm only guessing.

Let us know what you find out.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Call pulsar not the place you bought it. No that's not normal.