Pulsar XP50 Grey Screen

clint wyscarver

Hello,

I'm looking for some help with my 2018 Trail XP50 scope. In the past I had noticed some POI shift during temperature changes but believe this is now resolved with the latest software. I'm not sure if the software is the issue but recently I've noticed that the scope will just goto a blank grey screen. To correct I must shut down the scope and re-boot. Does anyone have any experience with this and what might be causing the issue?

cajun bob

LSB Member
My three and a half year old Trail XQ50 has done that a couple of times. It's so infrequent I'm not concerned. Like you said just shut down and start back up.

clint wyscarver

Ok thanks. I also read a quick push of the on off button will make it a nuke which corrects the issue. I’ll try out next time it happens. Like you it only happened once or twice before but this past weekend it happened twice fairly close together. Hopefully not a new norm.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hello,

I'm looking for some help with my 2018 Trail XP50 scope. In the past I had noticed some POI shift during temperature changes but believe this is now resolved with the latest software. I'm not sure if the software is the issue but recently I've noticed that the scope will just goto a blank grey screen. To correct I must shut down the scope and re-boot. Does anyone have any experience with this and what might be causing the issue?
Sounds like the shutter is getting stuck closed. Needs to be sent in regardless before your warranty expires.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
unfortunately it just went out 6-7 weeks ago. That’s always how it goes it seems. Lol
Pulsar is really good about that I would talk with them. Either way the shutter is or at least was a pretty cheap repair. Did you extend your warranty to three years or just two, if not extended you can stil register it for the 3.